Winchelsea Beach

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Here are a few from a windy Winchelsea Beach.

C&C Please

1:
3881366502_195bf120e9_o.jpg

2:
3881367578_3f220c5874_o.jpg

3:
3881367234_b395902708_o.jpg

4:
3880569563_9446e0ee3a_o.jpg

5:
3880582093_73924257c8_o.jpg

Last edited:
Looks windy too. I find myself looking for something more in 1, though the sky is lovely. I wonder if some PP on the beach might help? 2 and 3 are potentially really good, but let down by an uninteresting sky. Definitely worth pursuing. I think there is too much low, reflected light and inky shadow in 4 for it to work.

Looks windy too. I find myself looking for something more in 1, though the sky is lovely. I wonder if some PP on the beach might help? 2 and 3 are potentially really good, but let down by an uninteresting sky. Definitely worth pursuing. I think there is too much low, reflected light and inky shadow in 4 for it to work.

Cheers for the input.

No4 was an odd one. I turned round and the sun was in my eyes but thought that what i saw would make a good Mono shot. When i get more time i'll have a play. I have just found the Dodge and Burn tool in The Gimp which is a wonderful tool!!

Sweet, i'll give that a try. Cheers!

ok here's another version with darker clouds and lighter beach. I may have gone a bit too far with the sky!?!?

Before:
3881366502_195bf120e9_o.jpg

After:
Winchelsea_Beach02_800pix.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe too far, and contrast and sharpening need looking at. I came up with something similar. I find that I am increasingly running a pseudo HDR across my pictures to see whare they CAN go, then looking to realise some of that potential conventionally. Pseudo HDR introduces a huge amount of noise and is inclined to be destructive. Do you have Photomatix or Dynamic Photo HDR?

Maybe too far, and contrast and sharpening need looking at. I came up with something similar. I find that I am increasingly running a pseudo HDR across my pictures to see whare they CAN go, then looking to realise some of that potential conventionally. Pseudo HDR introduces a huge amount of noise and is inclined to be destructive. Do you have Photomatix or Dynamic Photo HDR?
I have photomatix pro but find it difficult to use, probably because i hardly ever use it. Perhaps i should!! :D

When i get more time i'll have another play.

Yep! apart from a bit of noise that looks pretty good especially the beach.

Back