Critique Windsurfers at Mounts Bay

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
It was pretty darn windy down here at the weekend, up to 70mph on the North Coast. On the South Coast it was a bit more restrained and the windsurfers were out. You might recognise the 'green-sailed' border from PercyP's thread a few weeks back 'Windsurfers at Carne Beach', up to his tricks again ... almost feels like we are stalking him!

The strong winds made for a very 'rippled' effect on the sea that caught the sunlight beautifully making for some interesting shots - IMO. Somehow I have managed to cull the huge number of shots down to these few, hopefully KodiakQ approves of the pp and I've learnt something after my kite boarders thread.

This first one, I wasn't sure of the crop, so I have a 'loose' one ...

Heading Out
by Chris Stephens, on Flickr

.. and a tighter one (I prefer the loose one) ...

DSC_0980-1

... and a few others...

Side Flip

Up and over

Storm Race

Racing Home

Liking the set very much.
The juxtaposition of dynamic surfer and slow plodding tanker in No4 is well seen and used.
Nice metering and retention of colour in bright lighting too.

Thanks. I'm glad the tanker was appreciated. Compared to some of my previous water action photos taken on the same beach, the light was much better this time and adds a bit of natural 'zing' to the images - I think!

Love the way the light coming through the sail has lit the sea in number 1. Shame that the guy wasn't a few yards to the right in "Up and over" so the ship was closer to being underneath him (apparently!) but you can't have everything (although some cheating in PS could move the ship a bit...). Love the last one - brings the exhilaration of a fast run on the chop back from the depths of my failing memory!

Back