Windy Day at Scarhouse Reservoir

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
248fad2d1680a63e39ea413da60159dd.jpg

This does need a bit of cleaning up as there are some spots on the image from the water that had sprayed onto the lens. Converted from the original colour version and tweaked a bit in Photoshop.

Click here for the full size photo.

I like that alot - the light is loverly, the tones suit black and white too.

I like the sense of action in the shot - it's a very well taken shot and looks even better in the full size shot! :D

Matt

The water and the wall look fantastic don't know what has happened to the sky though could do with some work me thinks.

Thanks for the comments guys (and girls).

Simmo, the "sky" is actually the hillside in the background. There were no clouds and the exposure needed for the shot completely overexposed what sky there was. I'm going to have a play setting up an HDR of this shot.

This is excellent, I know this reservoir quite well, love the interplay of light/waves, so much energy in the composition.

And please don't HDR it, it's far too good to be spoilt.

Yeah great picci it looks brilliant in mono, i think colour would ruin it

"twas a stormy stormy night"
very powerful
like it
a lot! (y)

i like this very much..it reminds me of a painting in my local gallery some time ago..brilliant effort..

have to make sure you didnt drop ya tripod in that water like i did at weekend, as its 120ft

That's a stunning shot, almost like a painting!

Fantastic! The sea looks great! Would love to see a bigger version of it.

Very dramatic scene! Excelent(y)

I thought yea that's nice, until I looked at the larger image and then WOW now that really is very good indeed

i love this shot, it looks like something out of a 1940's war film.

Being blown about by the almost gale force wind did give the day a little "wild and woolly" feel.

A friend of mine who runs a camera shop is about to get a new machine that will allow him to do prints onto canvas mounted on a block, so that's my next purchase sorted!

Fantastic shot and the full size is definitely worth a look!

Im struggling to believe that thats a photo, and not a painting
and thats a good thing

I can only echo what's been said above...

It's an image that just grabs you.

top notch. very graphic an moving

I know its all be said but I have just got to add my comment, stunning. The conversion to B/W certainly helps with the drama

Les F

Can't add much to what has already been said. This shot is nice and sharp (where it needs to be) from front to back and is good choice of exposure. The blown out areas do not detract too much.

The real winner is the foreground. Your choice of exposure has given the water an unusual and unnatural appearance, like a squad of demons are stirring the water feverishly!

Clean up those spots though ;)

Well done. :clap:

Back