Windy London bridge!

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's one from my day in London.
First time the new ND Grads from Lee were tested.

Pleased with the results, shot with a 30d, 17-40 and 0.6 Grad.

2398238771_d53a1f80b3_o.jpg

It's been shot many times before, but not by me, so I had to have a go :)

Love to know what you think...

Cheers,
Neil

Ilike it just can't help thinking a nice long shutter speed of blurred people would look good.

First up may I say what a lovely shot of the scene that I, like others, have seen so many times before. You have used those wonderful Lee filters well and rendered a well balanced and interesting scene.

More straightforward than an arty, blurred type shot but no worse for that. (y)

I defy any photographer to visit this area and NOT take this shot or a variation of it. I took a shot when I visited and I never gave it much thought until I needed an "urban" shot (not many of those in the Highlands) for a competition and was surprised how well it has done for me.

You have been unfortunate in that the buildings are not strongly lit however you have given the scene the best chance given what you had to work with. :clap:

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Gary - As usual, a considered and thoughful reponse, you are spot on about the buildings on the St Pauls side.
I do I love those Lee Filters ! First proper outing for them.
Also agree on the location, you can't help but stop, although just watching (as I was composing the shot) it was interesting observing how many peeps with cameras just walked straight past! If you go, it's a must have shot...

It's definitely very fine use of an ND grad and it really doesn't show. It does pick up one of my little peeves though and that's symmetry that's not quite symmetrical.

Shooting position is just a tad off to the right. This is probably more a problem with me than the shot and I doubt most people would ever stop to give it a 2nd, 3rd, 4th or even 103rd thought. :LOL:

Classic shot! Always looks good that view but you really have done it justice Neil!

It's a lovely shot, but my eyes get drawn straight to the people, which slightly spoil it for me. Have you tried to remove them in PS perhaps?

Cheers All - Nice to have this one banked, so to speak :)

Robbie - Thanks. Don't want to remove the people really, think they form part of the shot. Especially those coming towards me. So many variations of this shot for me it was making best use of the light and trying out my new filters. Take your point though.

I think this is very good the lines created by the walk ways makes the shot, yes nice sky but the row of building could have done to be a little brighter to give a little more detail.

Les F

Back