Winos

Edit My Images
Yes
winos_zps47dd335c.jpg

Saw these two making a right nuisance of themselves in the middle of Brum on a busy Sunday morning. Pretty drunk is an understatement.

so what is your picture trying to convey? (other than a wino with a bottle of white lightning or similar?)

Causing such a nuisance? Did you do

a) something about it?
b) nothing about it?

Sorry, but just don't see what you were atempting to capture...

It's street photography. It captures what happens on the streets or life on the streets. Not quite documentary though. For a harder hitting shot, maybe could have waited a while until the alcohol really kicked in I guess. . . But still wouldn't be trying to convey anything in the sense that you have outlined, but more a portrayal of some of the less mundane things that happen on the streets. Harder to find and catch than a lot of the usual street stuff. Especially when going in close, which this was and wasn't.

Last edited:
It's street photography. It captures what happens on the streets or life on the streets. Not quite documentary though. For a harder hitting shot, maybe could have waited a while until the alcohol really kicked in I guess. . . But still wouldn't be trying to convey anything in the sense that you have outlined, but more a portrayal of some of the less mundane things that happen on the streets. Harder to find and catch than a lot of the usual street stuff. Especially when going in close, which this was and wasn't.

:agree:

Sorry Lynton but I don't get your point. So , according to you, say, people having a cup of coffee is people just having a cup of coffee? Fair enough street photography isn't to everyones' taste.
Seems to me the guy on the left-hand side is telling some (drunken) story to his mate, so, to me, it does tell some kind of story.
JohnyT

Sorry but nothing really interesting in this shot. winos! maybe just a couple of guys who fell on hard times and found there self’s in this situation.
However if you wish to portray drunks then you might want to travel around cities centers at around 12pm, there are plenty of captures there of so called normal people getting drunk and really really causing a nuisance of them selves.

Back to the picture above, perhaps a capture line could be,

"All for the grace of God go I "....

So much seriousness :shrug:
It's a photograph ... what we do here??
As said it's street photography and it shows just one aspect of the variety of what is seen and captured on the street every day of the week.

So much seriousness :shrug:
It's a photograph ... what we do here??
As said it's street photography and it shows just one aspect of the variety of what is seen and captured on the street every day of the week.

I see what you are saying, but its not interesting, just a snap shot.

I see nothing wrong in the picture, but I take issue with the OP's title.

Depends on your view, I see the interaction between the two of them and the obvious fun they are having, coupled with being framed between the two pillars and I wonder if the plaque above the guy's head declares the splendour of some local dignitary or worthy.
To me it's a well composed street shot with plenty of interest.
I could go all serious and discuss the evils of booze or the inadequacies of social care etc but this isn't 'Out of Focus' it's 'Feedback & Critique'.

You've captured a 'fun' moment for sure but it's not really on a par/style with a lot of your other postings which do have that sense of timing and thoughtful composition (imo) :thinking:

Well there you go. People are clearly making judgements about what they perceive to be the "story" in the pic. And you've achieved that without overtly leading the viewer in any particular direction. For me, that's pretty much the essence of a good street/reportage picture.

No doubt they're claiming benefits for the booze which comes out of our tax money, great!. Anyway atleast they are looking happy. :D

In which case there giving their money back through alcohol duty(y)

As for the pic, try cropping the bollards/post type structures on the left and right to create a portrait or square framed image, black and white conversion, clarity slider a bit to the right and it might become more focused/gritty?

Last edited:
Back