Review Winter Boots

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, thought I'd write a quick review of a new boot I've bought.

Today I went to Donnington for a track day, taking photos of all the drivers. Now, as it's Winter decided earlier in the week that a decent pair of boots were needed. Two reasons, keep my feet warm and dry.

I took a look in Tog24 shop at Manchester Fort, found the following:-

colourId_19340_detail.jpg

http://www.hi-tec.com/category.php?styleId=6496

I must say after 1 day and covering them in mum/dirt that my feet have been toasty warm all day and they haven't let any water in so consequently, dry!

They are normally £85 but are in a sale from said shop at £54.

I think they're well worth it. Pity I've nothing else booked before New Year but once you've got decent footwear, at least they're available to you!

Hope this helps,
Carl.

Agree totally with Marianne, Im after a new pair of stomping boots so will have a look around and see if I can find anywhere local with them so I can try them out (y)

I can NEVER get boots EVER. Well hardly ever.:thumbsdown:
Something to do with having size 13GG feet (= BIG and V.WIDE).:eek:

I tend to have to go to dedicated walking shops and ask have you got anything "this BIG" (pointing to feet). Usual response is "sorry no", occasionally I get ... yes "this" pair (1 set out of the hundreds on display)

Snif.:sulk: :coat:

those look interesting, need a new pair anyway. Any idea what they'd be like in longish grass?

I have a pair of hi-tec similar to those but not so high up the ankle. They're great - really waterproof, tough, and lightweight, I also have a pair of Rockports which cost a bomb, and are very heavy. I prefer the hi-tec any day.

I have a big advantage when buying boots - size 4 feet mean that more often than not I can buy kids ones and not pay VAT! Also my feet are quite wide, and kids footwear tends to be a slightly wider fit without having a premium "wide fit" price.

I have to go shopping for new ones myself soon - my beloved walking boots starting letting in water during our very wet holiday this year. Fortunately I always take two pairs so was able to alternate! I think the new year sales at the factory outlet centre might get a visit from me this year.

I can NEVER get boots EVER. Well hardly ever.:thumbsdown:
Something to do with having size 13GG feet (= BIG and V.WIDE).:eek:

I tend to have to go to dedicated walking shops and ask have you got anything "this BIG" (pointing to feet). Usual response is "sorry no", occasionally I get ... yes "this" pair (1 set out of the hundreds on display)

Snif.:sulk: :coat:

Try Safety shoes , they go up to 13 , don't know about width.

Waterproof & cheap :)

Bought some regatta ones a while ago, best buy i made in a while, nice and comfortable and waterproof, had to buy mens though as the ladies ones were too small and next size up were too big

I have a pair of Dr Martins Airware boots for over 4 years now !
Best value for money...(y)

Thanks,

Paul

Back