winter soft tops.

Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
nearly moistened myself laughing this morning.
on my way to work in about 1 degrees C.snowed in the night and my car was iced over.
i pull up at the lights and a honda s200 soft top, top down, pulls up beside me. hes wearing a ski jacket, huge gloves and an arctic explorers hat. looks like the michelin man.
i just couldnt restrain my laughter .
he looked over at me and looked realy peeved.
i just thought
its cold you birk. put your top up and your heater on.:shrug:

Haha great! he's obviously a bit of a poser...:p

Ha ha, classic. I wouldn't be able to stop myself laughing either, not many people can :)

Reminds me of something we see when we was on the way down to London and couldn't stop laughing afterwards :) I am laughing thinking of it now

Tony

Hehe... I love the comments but as a driver of both a boring (but warm) Vectra and a soft top I get to see both sides of the coin. Yes, he may have looked a berk but I can tell you from personal experience it's quite exhilarating. He was most likely wearing gloves because his gear knob was metal, though I can't give a reason for the ski jacket and hat. Personally my soft top heats up in minutes and is as warm as the Vectra even with the roof down (but windows up). Also it's a lot of fun driving through a snow flurry and watching the flakes just zip up and over the roof line.

If you ever get the chance try it yourself and then come back and knock it. But for gawd sake leave the ski jacket at home! lol

I used to drive my S2000 in pretty cold weather with the top down - only way to be. :D

I agree too - I love my soft top down on brisk mornings - acutally if you point the heater vents in the right place and have my heated seats on - I dont actually feel the cold.

I dont do it from a posing point of view - just from a wake up and feel energated point of view.

Can I just add - I dont own a ski jacket :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

I'd just love a Citroen 2CV with a rag top, I'd drive it in all weathers with the roof back, I'd even drill holes in the floor to let the rain out.

Soft tops are the biz, but I'd lose the gloves personally, a hat is pretty much a must in this weather, a coat, well as long as it looks the part I'd accept it, I can understand the feeling of wanting to laugh though I see so many posers who are clearly wanting a reaction(y)

If it's not raining then top down was my ethos when I owned soft or targa top sport cars.

Only way to go.

I tend to laugh at those that drive with there roof up on a nice day :wacky:

Darren

Only way to run a ragtop surely? Either that or his roof was b0rked and couldn't be raised :)

My mate used to drive with the roof down everywhere in all weathers, if it's raining you speed up he says ...

Me and my other half very often go out at night in the winter months with the roof down on her SLK. Its cool in all sense of the word with a stary night sky and the proverbial wind in your hair.

I had a mate who spent thousands restoring an early 60's beetle cabrio, he had the roof down even in snow. He said " if i'd had wanted a car with a roof i'd have bought one!"

Its gotta be done at least once in a lifetime (y)
I had an old TR2 ( long door) years ago. the roof was down in all weathers
You stay suprisingly dry even when it rains
( except at traffic lights of course :D)
as for the heater, well i believe it did have one fitted or so the handbook said :LOL:

Back