wireless flash with Canon 30D and 580EXII

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
No
Hello,

I am thinking of getting a wireless flash transmitter, and i am not quite sure what i should get. I would like to have my 580EXII triggered off the camera. Thats about it . There seem to be quite a bit on ebay, varying in price.

Any suggestions on what i should be looking for here?

Thank you
thegary

the ones from infinity gadget (just search that in google) seem to be favoured on here. Have actually ordered some myself so hopefully they'll be rockin' :)

i got some from HK supplies, only as they were the cheapest.

Work well, apart from one of the recievers i got was faulty, but they're sending me a new one.

Managed to get it working to a point, but there is a 0.125s delay now from pressing the shutter button, and the receiver firing the flashgun.

Still got one reciever that's perfect!

Just need to learn how to set up the flash correctly.

Hello,

I am thinking of getting a wireless flash transmitter, and i am not quite sure what i should get. I would like to have my 580EXII triggered off the camera. Thats about it . There seem to be quite a bit on ebay, varying in price.

Any suggestions on what i should be looking for here?

Thank you
thegary

Hi

When you say wireless do you mean wireless as in Radio Transmitter or wireless as in no wires,

Most if not all the wireless radio types do not off any form of exposure control. They just fire the flash.

Ones like the Canon system use an infrared beam to control the flash and also offer exposure control. IR also has quite a short range.

Hello,

Thanks for everyones comments. I ordered some Infinity Gadget receiver/transmitter V2.....only $34 Cdn ....not bad price...can live with that if they are not the best..

Thanks again,
thegary

Back