Wireless remote release for 40d?

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Is there a wireless remote release for the Canon 40d which will work round corners and not just from the front?

I've just ordered one from ebay --> Item number: 200187850122 Buy now for £6.35, £7.00 postage. It's coming from the far east. Ordered it on the 3rd so I'll give it a few days...watch this space.

Ah thanks guys. I didnt realise they would come in two parts like that... I was expecting just the one unit.

I will get one from there soon.

TY

the 40D hasnt got the built in Infa Red that some other cameras have, i had a 400D that had IR and one f the remote releases you could get was a one piece..

Trouble with wireless you need the transmitter and a reciever. i tink the Mklll may have wireless built in?? butsadly not the 40D..

Janice, it works through walls just fine.. i dont know how MANY.. lol..

Thanks Gilly. It isnt for flash and lights I want a trigger.

Its just a plain old remote release for the shutter.

Thanks Frank. I already have a wired one like that... it was a wireless one I was interested in... but thanks anyway! (y)

Janice,

Take your pick...

40d Wireless Remote

I had one for my 350d (which has had the end chopped off and a new one soldered on to work on my 1D) and they work great. Up to about 100 yards and through walls too :)

Hi,

I just bought 2 of the Link Delight ones mentioned by Frank and they seem pretty good for the money, definitely works through walls etc although it states 40m I would be a bit dubious of this as this pics here will show the max distance I got it to work the other morning, although the cold might have been a factor. Probably taken at about 15 metres.

242464854-L.jpg

Highly recommended.

Mike.

Ah thats brilliant ... thanks all.

I love the link... BUY IT NOW.......... 0 available!! :D :LOL:

Bear in mind that a lot of the chinese manufactured radio triggers are not licensed for UK use. They are low powered and not likely to cause any trouble but if you get one that operates on an emergency frequency you could be in real trouble if you get caught.

A few years ago you could buy wireless remote controls for the electric winches that are used on some 4x4 vehicles. Very handy as you could stand well away from the winch cable and be safe if it snapped. At least one person was caught using one that worked in a range which is reserved for aviation use. He did escape jail - but only just.

Hi I've just bought the photix one but looksthe same as the one in the link works great with the 40D
I can sit indoors and trigger the camera though the patio doors :clap:
Only problem I've had is that I cant get it to work properly when the camera is in burst (multi shot mode) the shutter carries on going after I take my finger off the trigger. For single shot use its great though. If I want to use burst mode I still use a cable release
Pete

Ah thats brilliant ... thanks all.

I love the link... BUY IT NOW.......... 0 available!! :D :LOL:

Which one did you finally get your hands on Janice. Thinking of buying one of those for my 40D :thinking:

Back