Withdraw PayPal EUR balance?

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
[Censored] Fruitcake Bat
Edit My Images
No
I have a fair bit of euros in my paypal and could really do with that in cash form for my holiday now. How do I go about it without double conversions that would make it totally pointless?

I have opened HSBC euro account just can't find a way to add it to paypal. That would be easiest. Any other alternative would be good to know as well, or at least ways to pay for things like fuel and hotels in France, Germany, etc.

I use the post office travel moneycard, basically a Mastercard you load up with whatever currency you want.
Top up online using debit or credit card, latter often involves a charge. used mine in lots of European countries
Also handy to buy rail tickets or hotel stays online, most shops and restaurants take mastercard too
If you use it to withdraw cash from an ATM in Europe there is a €2 charge, so withdraw the daily limit is best
Not sure about any Paypal connection though

I just added the debit card of my French bank account to PayPal ok; I couldn't add the bank account itself as the French bank doesn't have a sort code like a UK bank and there's no way to enter the IBAN instead. Do you have a card for the HSBC Euro account?

Well at least I managed to pay DFDS directly in euros via paypal, but this is one that make the least of the difference. I am escaping all the brexit mess and the rain to enjoy Chamonix!

You can convert it within PayPal to u.k pounds .. I forget how it’s done but just give them a bell .. when you get a automated response just say loudly I want to speak to a person .. you will then get transferred to the help desk

You can convert it within PayPal to u.k pounds .. I forget how it’s done but just give them a bell .. when you get a automated response just say loudly I want to speak to a person .. you will then get transferred to the help desk

This is specifically what I don't want to do. 2x conversions losing me 15-20%. It's just better to use the crappy card

I don't recall losing a penny ,but its your choice

I've not tried it with Paypal, but have you tried Revolut? I use it when in US, Poland, Sweden (and recently sending USD from an account there to here). You get "accounts" native in whatever currencies you want, a fantastic exchange rate and can not exchange at all if you just want to keep balances in the appropriate currency. The question is can you send from Paypal in Euros, if so I would think it would work.

I've not tried it with Paypal, but have you tried Revolut? I use it when in US, Poland, Sweden (and recently sending USD from an account there to here). You get "accounts" native in whatever currencies you want, a fantastic exchange rate and can not exchange at all if you just want to keep balances in the appropriate currency. The question is can you send from Paypal in Euros, if so I would think it would work.

I'll have to look into it, but looks like its too late this time to apply for a new card. I'm leaving tonight. Everything depends if you can transfer euros direct from paypal.

Back