Wolferton and Sandringham - C+C please :)

Name
Amy
Edit My Images
Yes
It had been snowing last night, and it was so nice out today, not any breeze and really nice and bright. It was so nice out. So my mum and I decided to take Charlie out for a walk up at Wolferton and Sandringham this afternoon. Here is a select few from today :)

DSC_7494.jpg

DSC_7445.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

DSC_7359.jpg

DSC_7327.jpg

DSC_7217.jpg

DSC_7271.jpg

DSC_7290.jpg

Would be really grateful for some C+C please

Amy x

Last edited:
Some great shots there! I like #7 best! Good DOF! There is somethong about #3 and #5 that I really like!

Thank you :) I think I was very luck with the weather, the sky was just magnificent. I wasn't fully sure whether some of them were too bright though :l

Amy x

Anyone else got any crit or advice they could give me??

Amy x

Hi Amy, Good set of images ...

No7 - the shot of your dog? is brilliant.

No4 - classic shot - good lighting an silolet - as you can't see the tops of the trees in the foreground I would be inclined to crop a little off the top to just above the top of the second tree on the left.

No5 - I like this - interesting angles and composition.
I popped it into PSE and straigtened to horizon and still make a really good image - but I prefer the way you hav shown it.

No8 - Good image but I think I would crop 10/15% off the left - some how the white light draws my eye to the left away from the birch tree.

All in all I think they are a good set of shots that have captured the winters day.

Really like the last shot. Love the way the fence leads you through the image.

Paul

Thanks for that TwentySixDays, I really appreciate it.

Yes the dog is our puppy, he is 8 months old today actually.

With number 4, ive cropped it, is this what you meant?

cropped-1.jpg

I wasn't certain about number 5, didnt think it had enough in it really, but thank you :) I think the wonkeyness was just luck really hehe

Also with number 8, i've cropped it, is this better?

cropped2-1.jpg

Thank you again

Amy x

I love all of these, hard to pick a favourite, but think number one, two, four and eight may be my faves (ok, I know that's four faves - I told you that it was hard to choose!). I think I prefer number 8 without the crop, but not sure why tbh

x

Haha thats half of all the pictures that are you favourites! Thank you, all this really does mean a lot, i've only been shooting for about a month so im learning alot and really appreciate all the advice.

I think im with you too Bunnyg82, I think its better without the crop, maybe I have cropped it slighty more than TwentySixDays meant.

Amy x

Hi Amy,
I agree No5 is good as it is.

I imagined slightly less cropping...
On this one I have retained your aspect ratio...
AmyBWoods.jpg

I was going to crop some more off the left but then you lose the first post which spoilt the composition...
AmyBTree.jpg

I agree with you and Bunnyg82 cropping No8 didn't have the right effect - can't put my finger on what it is.

It'll be interesting to see what other people think...
I would be interested in what you think of my Canary Whalf shots.
Cheers ;o)

Last edited:
Thanks for that TwentySixaDays, the crop of number 4 does make the perspective a whole lot better. And I see what you mean with cropping out the post, with my crop, it didnt look right, but with yours it looks alot better :)
I'll pop by your canary whalf pics and make a comment :D

Amy x

Nice set of images, but the dog is terrific. I've spent many an hour driving around Wolferton trying to get golden pheasant - seen but not photographed.

Thank you Dunstan. Wolferton is such a nice place, its really beautiful, and not as busy as Sandringham :) Im lucky to have such a photogenic puppy :)

Amy x

It's easier to comment if you number your pictures and leave a couple of blank lines in between them :)

First one is a sad looking snowman but the people in the background steal the show. Sensor dust blobs in the sky.
Second one is nice. The sign is well positioned in the shot and your eye can follow the directions. Well exposed with nice white snow.
#3 is a tree against a burnt out over exposed sky. not a strong shot.
#4 has some nice lead in lines and the looming tall trees look good. The exposure is quite good given the bright sun in the shot. Could have been composed a bit better but not bad at all.
#5 looks a bit accidental with no real content.
#6 is not bad but has too much foreground. the little tree goes well with the big one but looks a bit tight to the right edge.
In #7 the dog is not as sharp as the bracken he is sniffing so I'd say the shutter speed was too slow. he is also a bit central in the shot.
The last one is not bad either. It could maybe do with something more up the hill as your eye is led that way.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks Gilly :) I really love the one of Charlie too :)

Thanks for the advice RobertP, there is alot there :) On the first photo i'll have to photoshop out those dust blobs, and sort it out on the actual camera.
I had to be pretty quick when it came to taking number 4 as I could hear some kids coming, so it was point the camera and shoot and hope for the best.

Thanks again :)

Amy x

Back