Wolverhampton sunset

Name
Julian
Edit My Images
Yes
Sunset looked promising this evening so took a walk over some local farmland to see what I could snap. Unfortunately the sunset failed to live up to expectations.... Hey ho. C&C welcomed. Ta

3680086860_f32bbcca1f_o.jpg

3680084984_d289d1b7fa_o.jpg

3679272491_8c86211737_o.jpg

Last edited:
I thgink the best one is the first because the flowers in the foreground give depth to the image (y) In the second, the flower at right blocks the eye there and thecomposition is static. The third is a good photo: the moon in the sky balances the composition: without moon the photo would be unbalanced, IMHO ;)

I like the set, I think it may have benefited from some more extreme ND gradding or exposure bracketing. Good location.

Gary.

Thanks for the comments. 1 is my favourite and I will probably revisit the location when the light is better. I now have a version of 3 with the moon slightly enlarged and moved to the opposite third to the tree and the shot is much improved by the 'cheat'!

I think it may have benefited from some more extreme ND gradding or exposure bracketing.

Gary, having seen your truly stunning sets of late, I am inspired to experiment more with grads (only had a 2 stop to hand for these).

I like the first one now with the edit. The vegetation is the foreground give nice depth.

Glad you found something worthy of landscape photography here in sunny wolverhampton ;)

Thanks.

Glad you found something worthy of landscape photography here in sunny wolverhampton

It's a constant struggle and frustration! Off out to Snowdonia in a minute to compensate. However, the forecast doesn't look too good and as I sit here now, Wolves is bathed in lovely golden light, with deep blue sky and little fluffy white clouds. Typical

Thanks.

It's a constant struggle and frustration! Off out to Snowdonia in a minute to compensate. However, the forecast doesn't look too good and as I sit here now, Wolves is bathed in lovely golden light, with deep blue sky and little fluffy white clouds. Typical

Yeah I know mate it's the same here. It's nice country side just north of Codsall but flat as a pancake. Snowdonia is my usual jaunt too when the weather plays ball.

Back