Wonderment.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been sorting out a gazillion pics on my hard drive and came across this one which I don't even remember seeing before although I do remember this little guy gazing in apparent awe at the leaf... perhaps he was just wondering if he could eat it. ;)

I've tried to give it the dreamy soft treatment. All comments welcome - tear me a new one - I'll heal. :D

Wonderment.jpg

What a beautiful animal!

Only thing that springs to mind is standing two foot to the right so that you can see his face better.

:)

LOL Steve was standing there.... chimping like a good 'un. :laugh1:

Aww - what a sweet picture. It's a shame you can't see more of the facial expression, but still a great shot, capturing the moment perfectly.

How about a 'OI! MONKEY! THIS WAY!' next time ?

SammyC said:
How about a 'OI! MONKEY! THIS WAY!' next time ?

:D

Still I think that despite that fact you can't see more of his face its a great pikkie. I like it in profile actually thinking about it, it draws you more to the mannerism, the hand and the way he's holding it just like a litte human baby in wonderment.

Blesssssss but he's cute!

Great candid CT - almost up there with Sean Mcr !?!

Seriously though it is well seen and executed ... perhaps a little soft overall for me but this is a minor detail - and mo only !

TFS ...

I think you've captured that perfectly, it's a fantastic photo and has loads of 'awwwwwww' factor. only thing i can take from it though (and i'm not sure if it's my laptop), but there seems to be a lot of colour noise, and i'm obsessed by noise in photo's lol - maybe i should loom from my pc and not my lappy, as i've already complained about noise today :p

I think what you're seeing as colour noise in the background is actually tops of the grass. But the background does seem to have suffered a bit from normal noise. Compression problem?

Awww! what a sweet pic!
I think Id have been tempted to clone out the broom handle (or whatever it is) in the grass as personally I find it a little distracting but, apart from that...I like it just the way it is!

Cheers Wez. Yes it is noisy, but the noise is part of the softening/warming filter I've used. The original is so sharp that every hair in his coat fights for attention and I really wanted to soften it. It's a Virtual Photographer filter... 'Romance'.

InaGlo said:
Awww! what a sweet pic!
I think Id have been tempted to clone out the broom handle (or whatever it is) in the grass as personally I find it a little distracting

I was tempted to clone it out. :D It's a bit of branch he was playing with - I think he'd eaten the bark off it. I still might do it at some stage, but it's actually a really tricky job to do it well and that bit of twig running across his arm would have to go as well.

I remember this little chap, he was very obliging and gave us all some good subject for our photography on a very wet day ;)

I can't believe you completely missed this shot on your pc the first time around though. As others have said with a little bit of work it can be made into a shot worthy of being seen in any photo mag.

CT said:
LOL Steve was standing there.... chimping like a good 'un. :laugh1:
It's funny you should say that as I recently re-processed all my shots from that shoot ready for display on my new website. Whilst I was going through them I realised that I had also forgotten how good the shots from that day actually where - and yes I do have the shot from a little bit to the right :)

Steve said:
I recently re-processed all my shots from that shoot ready for display on my new website.

So where is a link to your new website Steve? I'm sure alot of others here including myself would love to see it. We all admire your work!

Jewel :)

It's not quite ready just yet unfortunately. When it is finished I will post a link. :)

Steve said:
I remember this little chap, he was very obliging and gave us all some good subject for our photography on a very wet day ;)

It never stopped chucking it down all day did it? Great day despite that, and all the better for going mid week and having the place virtually to ourselves. :thumb:

Back