WOO HOO a UK based Photo Forum

K

kinchy

Having been a member of POTN for nearly 2 months i have found this site, which is going to be great as it is UK based and wont be as much talk of $ as the other one.

Im new here, i live in Hampshire and use the gear in my sig as a hobby alone. I have included one of my recent photos to show im no expert and always looking for C+C to help get better.

Speak to you all soon.

A wedding i went too recently (sigma 10-20)
488685578_11c9e2f4ab.jpg

Bored in my garden (Sigma 70-300)
472853782_f21681c718.jpg

:)

(y) :wave: :welcome:

No 1: Move closer to the subject
No 2: Move further away from the subject.

Hampshire eh, bet that costs mega-bucks!

Oh and welcome!
:welcome:

:D

Hiya :)

Halloooooo :wave:

Hi and welcome :wave:

Howdy!

Love the shots...great sense of scale in the first...

Cheers,
James

Ta all.
Very welcoming and very much appreciated.

Kinchy

P.S Hampshire is very expensive if you want to live where i want too. :crying:

welcome not been here long myself but a bit addicted to this site and maybe you can help me i still cant upload any photos they say my file is tooooo big.

they have been transfered form a memory card to a disc.

any clues for me

From the 'rules' section.

"To respect people that still access the internet via dial up or that are running small screen resolutions, images displayed in posts should be no larger than 800 pixels on their longest side, and if hosted by us in our free gallery, have a maximum filesize of 160kb. There is no file size restriction on images hosted offsite, although we urge users to be sensible, we reserve the right to break links to images we feel may take too long to download. Image dimension rules apply to all images, regardless of hosting."

If you don't know how to resize, just post and I'm sure someone will be willing to point you in the right direction :)

welcome not been here long myself but a bit addicted to this site and maybe you can help me i still cant upload any photos they say my file is tooooo big.

they have been transfered form a memory card to a disc.

any clues for me

Easiest way i do is open it up in your photo editing suite of choice and resize it to around 800px max, and save it as a jpeg. That will take it down to under 200kb virtually every time.

I use Photoshop CS3 for my complicated stuff and Microsoft Picture Manager for the easy resizing things.

HTH

welcome!

hi there! Whereabouts in Hampshire are you? Used to live that way too until the lure of West Sussex and a good man proved too much! :)

hi there! Whereabouts in Hampshire are you? Used to live that way too until the lure of West Sussex and a good man proved too much! :)

Well i am currently in the arse-end of nowhere in Liphook (W.Sussex/Surrey border) but im moving in 2 weeks to Farnham.
Im a sucker for punishment as Farnham is alot more expensive, but i hate the Hindhead lights as i work in Bracknell so its very easy for me when i move to travel to work !!!!

Well i am currently in the arse-end of nowhere in Liphook (W.Sussex/Surrey border) but im moving in 2 weeks to Farnham.
Im a sucker for punishment as Farnham is alot more expensive, but i hate the Hindhead lights as i work in Bracknell so its very easy for me when i move to travel to work !!!!

Oooh...another local to add to my list ;) I'm just beyond the Aldershot/Farnham border.

Back