Wooden Fence..

fraggle101

Not a mermaid
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken last week while on a jolly with Shutterman, it was in Camber Sands..

The image itself was taken on a Mamiya 645Pro, using Velvia 100 ...

WoodenFence.jpg

Doesn't it make sand.....warm
or maybe browns warm (y)

It seems so, there are pictures of this fence taken on my 5D and although the sky is the same, the browns are a little richer looking..

Oh yes. I like this. IMO you can't beat velvia. Fraggle could you post a comparison shot from your 5D.

The main thing I miss with velvia is low light night shots. I can't get the same thing with digital.

Oooooohhhhh I like...

Love those colours and tones mate.... I know it wont be the same but cant wait for the F90s to turn up now...

Want to start playing with film too....

Nigel

I like it but I feel it would be slightly better if the fence started slightly more to the left of the frame.

Sorry Luke got to disagree if it was frames more left it would be to close to the edge...

Think its fine where it is..

Nigel

Yep, I agree with Shutterman. The fence starts (almost on the third), if anything It could go over to the right, but only by an smidge. I think this shot is great.

Thanks for the comments guys..

I too have to agree this shot looks better as is.. at least for the shots i have of it. im sure theres a better tog that'll nail it..

I have shot it on the 5D at different angles and this one beats them all.. other than cropping the other shots, this one is direct from the tranny.. no cropping..

I still think you should put a 5D shot up, to compare digi to film.

Whilst we are waiting for Tonys 5D shot...

Here is the D200 colour version of mine... will be interesting to see the colour and tonal differences between the two...

If you want me to remove Tony just let me know...

110870523.jpg

Crop sensor so I was most likely 400 yards away for this shot compared to Tony and the 5D.

Nigel

No probs Nigel..

Iv had a look through my Lightroom library, i think i must have binned them!! Now, this wouldn't necessarily be a problem! but a certain member on here.. *Cough* Nigel *Cough*.. made me format all my cards!!! :whistle:

But we can clearly see the difference!! the blues are BLUE!! and the rest is Nnnnnice!!!! :LOL:

Btw, there has been no pp on this other than clean the dust and crap from the scan..

Thanks for posting a comparison Shutterman. Velvia seems to have a magenta colour cast, that may also be due to the colour temperature of the late afternoon, and Shutterman using AWB.

I've just tried adjusting in PS adding a blue cooling filter (the old fashioned method) and it balances out nicely. Try it yourself, i used Layer>New Layer Adjustment>Photo Filter> selected cooling filter 82. I think the film (velvia) image is far superior. The digital version looks flat by comparison, no disrespect meant to Shutterman.

Fraggle, I've been following your last few posts on here. If you can churn out this type of picture, you may have to change your last name to an English county (not Essex). Stick with the film, it looks like it's working.

Thanks for posting a comparison Shutterman. Velvia seems to have a magenta colour cast, that may also be due to the colour temperature of the late afternoon, and Shutterman using AWB.

I've just tried adjusting in PS adding a blue cooling filter (the old fashioned method) and it balances out nicely. Try it yourself, i used Layer>New Layer Adjustment>Photo Filter> selected cooling filter 82. I think the film (velvia) image is far superior. The digital version looks flat by comparison, no disrespect meant to Shutterman.

Fraggle, I've been following your last few posts on here. If you can churn out this type of picture, you may have to change your last name to an English county (not Essex). Stick with the film, it looks like it's working.

None taken mate....

The film shot knocks the socks off mine for sure....

(Clean cards clean mind.... but done delete images in library)

I'm not sure about that mate!! :LOL: Maybe in a few years eh!!..

None taken mate....

The film shot knocks the socks off mine for sure....

(Clean cards clean mind.... but done delete images in library)

1st off, if i didn't have such a dirty mind it MIGHT help.. but im not sure..

2nd, That was shot on medium format.. the image is TWICE the size of a full frame 35mm! it should in theory by twice as good as my 5d.. they have a certain quality that is not quite matched by the mid range DSLR.. IMO at least..

Back