Woodland Photography | Fog, Trees & Details

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
No
Hey Chaps! - It lives....
This months vlog is out! > Watch it here:

More opportunity for foggy woodland photography presented it self recently, and with a few hours spare I made my way down to the local river and woodland to photograph the trees and details in the early morning mist and fog that was hugging the meadows and woodland either side of river Avon in Pershore. Although I didn't find the image I was looking for, I made use of my tried and tested process to come away with a series of images that I really enjoyed taking.

Photographing woodland is one of the hardest genres of landscape photography for me personally. Finding compositions in the chaos of a woodland landscape can be a daunting prospect.
It's about looking, taking your time and trying to create a little bit of order in a wild, chaotic environment. More often than not its the details that are more important rather than the bigger vision.

Some of the images taken...

Sleepy Hollow

Cobwebbed Teasel

River Walk

Great work mate! I particularly enjoy that third photo down, "River Walk"! Reminds me of Sally Mann!

Yeah, I really wasn't sure if the conditions weren't a little to good, was a proper pea super first thing and the light was difficult. It did brighten up. I'm away this weekend and with the weather promised for the UK this weekend, should be good for a new vid and images.

Thanks Tim. That's very kind of you. Please note, due to work restrictions I don't get chance to do a vid every week or so, more like every month to 6 weeks or something like that, so I hope you wont be disappointed if my vids are a little sporadic. :)

Back