Woodpecker & Chick

Name
Justin
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Well, guess who I've been hanging out with... Yes, thanks to DreamerUK for sharing the location of this unusual nest site I managed to get a few for myself with my new 50D.

Though I have to say they are still not as good as I'd hoped, or his pics and yes I am VERY jealous!! :LOL:.

I think I must be going wrong somewhere on the PP cos on the camera they looked better!!!...

ISO was up at 800, but been through Neatimage, and I couldn't get as close as some people (DreamerUK) :D so they are quite heavily cropped. Other than that just a few tweaks, a shapren and I can still see some graininess (Is that a word) in'em.

Still glad to get what I have.

Critics, advice & tips always very welcome..

P.S I did have Lightroom set to Portrait-Shapren on the way in, think that may have been a bad idea???

Cheers for looking (y)

Bird-17.jpg

BabyPeck-1_copy.jpg

Bird-10.jpg

Bird-13.jpg

Bird-15.jpg

Bird-16.jpg

:canon:

I would be happy with those shots. Don't be so hard on yourself. :)

Nice set - love the behaviour in #4. Makes a pleasant change to see a green woodie... On #5 I think you may have a touch of motion blur and I think the other problem is just they may be cropped too far.

Theese are fabulous in my honest opinion, they look a bit noisey on my laptop but they have captured some fantastic behaviour that I am priveleged to view.
Bit jealous aswell, not managed to get a decent shot of a green woody. !!

Dean

sry m8 only just found these, they aint that bad at all. could maybe do with a bit more of a sharpen and a bit more nr on the background but you got some nice shots (y)

I lived for 10 years with one of these in the back garden, beautiful colours, great shot.

:agree: with everyone ...that is a great behavioural series JC... (y) ... some super images in there to be justly proud of imhgo... :D

:p

Back