Woody and Kes

Name
paul holder
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all some more "getting used to the new lens" pics.

Let me know what you think

cheers

4401419733_dbdd35d3bd_o.jpg

4401465105_4711d222c9_o.jpg

not done any pp on them yet but i know they need some!!!

What lens were you using mate and whats the exif for the shots, they look soft to me but more info would help to figure it out better (y)

Paul, are they big crops from the originals?

they are quite big crops as it was hard to get close. the fuller images look better. was using a tamron 70-300 at almost full zoom and thats prob why they look soft. am trying to not use it on full zoom because of that reason. maybe will not crop them so tight....

Two good attempts Paul (y) You have captured a woody which is more than I have manged yet and you did well with the Kestrel, that alone is enough to test anybodys reactions out no matter what kit they have. With a bit more of a play in pp you might be able to salvage a half decent shot from that. Cannot comment on the lens as I dont have one, does it always produce a soft image at the long end?

does not always produce a soft image at full zoom. it depends on the distance from the item being photographed. took one of a robin today at full zoom and it is crystal sharp. i have noticed that the higher the f number and better the image

does not always produce a soft image at full zoom. it depends on the distance from the item being photographed. took one of a robin today at full zoom and it is crystal sharp. i have noticed that the higher the f number and better the image

Well at least you have an understanding of what is happening and can hopefuly work with that to get the sharpest when you can ;)

Back