Woohoo New Lens

Name
Laura
Edit My Images
Yes
Just bought a Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro lens, and my Canon 15mm fisheye should be here tomorrow!

I'm all excited! Just need a bag to fit all my stuff in now!

Hope everyone's well.
x

Brilliant!! 'ave a bananna.
:banana:

I like bananas lol, so thank you.
I'll be popping out later on with the Sigma so will post some pics tomorrow.

cool, care to tell us how much it was or where you got it? - i am thinking of one for my 400D.

(PM me if you don't want to post it);)

£180 from Jessops, I'm sure I coulda got it a tad cheaper online but I like knowing I can take it back to a shop if needs be.
Getting the fisheye from Kerso.
x

cool, care to tell us how much it was or where you got it? - i am thinking of one for my 400D.

(PM me if you don't want to post it);)

Onestop Digital have it for £109 here: http://www.onestop-digital.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_28&products_id=275
^^ that's from HK but they are a very trustworthy dealer - lots of people have bought from them and been very satisfied. Only thing is delivery might take a week or two.

Warehouse Express have it here for £156: http://www.warehouseexpress.com/?/photo/lenses/Sigmalens.html#zoom

That's in the UK and delivery will be much quicker - next day if you order before 4pm (weekdays).

I got mine brand new off ebay for £98 + postage I think (though I got the postage refunded due to a delay).

Hope you enjoy it! I love mine :love:

Price comparisons are just what someone needs after they have bought something!

:)

Enjoy the new toy :)

I'm in the same boat, waiting for my new tamron 35-105/2.8 to turn up, should be here tomorrow, I HATE waiting for new toys !

hope you enjoy the lens
Will

If the main money maker will be ok with it, in 1-2 weeks I could have:
- a Hama polarising filter (52 mm for the kit lens)
- Nikon BR-2A reversed lens adapter (to couple it with my 18-55 kit Nikkor)
- Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW (I like big bags!)
- Canon 500D close up lens

The 500D should enable me to focus from 0.5 m instead of 0.95 m it is currently capable of, which means I can get twice as close. As the Sigma 70-300 mm APO DG macro I have now can do 1:2 macro at 300 mm now, I'm curious how much noticeable the the difference will be, but it should mean the close-ups should be almost twice as big as they are now, which would be pretty cool.

If someone here wouldn't mind, I'd post some samples if I'll get it.

I'm pleased because I managed to finally find my 70-300. I thought I'd put it down when changing lenses at an event a few weeks back, as I looked everywhere. Turned out to be under a pile of clothes! Luckily it was in it's padded bag.

Hope you enjoy your new toys.

Ha ha, well pending an email confirmation my fisheye from Kerso will be here tomorrow. Anyone know roughly how long delivery takes from him?

Not sure, its proving difficult to get in contact with him to arrange payment for a lens. he said he'd phone me today - must have too many customers. sad as i would like my lens to snap my kids at the weekend with the grandparents.

EDIT: He rang, seems he works outside the 9-5 !! not only that but i ended up buying two lenses. Thanks Ian :)

Ha! At least you got your lens - the postie found the 1/2 hour when the house was empty today to turn up :(. Got to go to the sorting office to pick up my shiny new Nikon 12-24 in the morning. :woot:

Everything I've bought from him has come Royalmail special delivery so the day after posting before 13.00.
Ha ha, well pending an email confirmation my fisheye from Kerso will be here tomorrow. Anyone know roughly how long delivery takes from him?

Hi All,
Waiting for my 70-200L from Kerso as well. Can't wait to play!
Took my newish [to me] 400D to a friends party. Used mainly Sigma 17-70 for walkabout and nifty 50 when the light faded. She is a good photographer but had be 'hostess' so left it to me. No pressure there then!!
I was generally pleased had a good play, took three photos of everything on different settings. But even better SHE was pleased!

Dunc

Oooh well I'll be getting my fisheye tomorrow, if Ian rec'd my email with my address this afternoon. Hope so, dying to have a play with it.
x

Hi, I am going to call now, you must be patient I do my best but can't comntacy everyone iat the same time! Yes I have a lot of customers and you are all important to me. Regards Ian.

Not sure, its proving difficult to get in contact with him to arrange payment for a lens. he said he'd phone me today - must have too many customers. sad as i would like my lens to snap my kids at the weekend with the grandparents.

EDIT: He rang, seems he works outside the 9-5 !! not only that but i ended up buying two lenses. Thanks Ian :)

Sorry, looked like last message was sent when drunk!! Meant to say can't contact everyone at the same time. E-mailing total now Pete. Laura address received, sending in morning. Regards Ian.

Hi, I am going to call now, you must be patient I do my best but can't comntacy everyone iat the same time! Yes I have a lot of customers and you are all important to me. Regards Ian.

Price comparisons are just what someone needs after they have bought something!

How about the 70-300mm APO, mint++, 2nd hand for £85 ;) Boxed, paperwork the lot!

Sucks sometimes!

Have fun with the lenses!!

I'm really not bothered by the price comparisons, I asked about lenses on here before I bought, but I can't post in Wanted/For Sale forum yet as I'm only a newbie.
x

Back