Woohoo - premier league this season

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Just got word that we've been "promoted" to shoot in the footie premier league this season. I'm well chuffed, so much so that I just bought my 1DIII back from Bawbee to whom I sold it in May whilst in a grump about the whole football thing.

Whilst I think the sales potential will be lower than Championship due to the plethora of big agencies out there, I'm sure that it'll be worthwhile as well as a huge challenge. Also, its just nice to have a load more clubs to shoot at as I was going to be stuck with Reading and Watford down my way in the Championship. Now I've got QPR back and can add in Chelsea & Fulham quite easily as they aren't too far away.

Whilst I think the sales potential will be lower than Championship due to the plethora of big agencies out there.
Yes, you're right on that score I'm afraid, but good luck all the same, hope you have a good time of it. :)

Last edited:
Nice one.. I missed it this yr so stuck with league but to be honest I wouldnt have gone to any prem games.. no time.. was gonna have a couple of togs on the books to go to them.. now I only got championship and league ...i got not togs boo hoo :)

glad to see someone made it though.. cant have just the big agencies doing :)

Thats great news Andy, well pleased for you, enjoy. (y)

See all that hard work does pay off.

Excellent news.

Not jealous ! ! ! !!........................ Honest .... Pity you cannot show your work from that arena...Well Done

getty and a lot of newspapers have no licence for start of season by all accounts.. bit of a dispute going on...

It doesn't really say what the sticking points are.

Excellent news for those in smaller agencies :D. Wonder how long it will last.

I doubt very much that any of the nationals will take any pics off anyone.. if they cant get accreditation they wil more than likely blank everything :(

Sticking together? nobodies been in touch from either side to tell us whats going on.. Bit peed off about that... But just sticking to the locals this sat..not nationals... hopefully all be blown over by next weekend :)

Last edited:
The 'sticking together' simply relates to the fact that it's our livelihoods/rent/bills that need to be paid, regardless of who we work for.

I am aware of that.. even if one of the poeple I am supposed to stick with is getty who have ruined one of my and many other peoples revenue streams by attending every womens footy game and giving the pictures free to media and clubs :(

My point was that we are expected to stick together but dont tell us or ask us or say anyhting... If I hadnt read that newspaper article I wouldnt have known better.. I would ahve sent pics to nationals and if I got published wiht my name on would then be slagged off... Someone telling us somehting? anyhting? would be nice :)

But... no matter...we know now... just hope it gets sorted quick :)

Let's not be too sympathetic for Getty. They routinely refuse access to newspapers and agencies for clubs they have contracts with and then sell their exclusive content at £250 a pop. If the papers had any sort of common sense they would refuse any club image that they were denied access to themselves. The industry is in a massive decline and Getty are at the heart of destroying it from within to serve their own market-share greed.

dont want to seem stupid but does this mean that small agencies and or individuals with aggrements in place are going to be refused access ?

dont want to seem stupid but does this mean that small agencies and or individuals with aggrements in place are going to be refused access ?

No .. clubs will (or most will) refuse access to anyone without a lcience.. ie getty, action images and certain newspapers.. small agencies have a licence..

I didnt send any to nationals this weekend... but it seems a lot did...

I didn't send live!, though I had accepted accreditation to the game, after hearing certain nationals though not involved in the dispute where not going to publish any received images from the agencies!! in solidarity I abstained:(, though, we as an agency, "have done nothing wrong other than signing the agreement".:shrug: would I/them have then been "blacklisted"??. I viewed the papers Sunday morning & there was vertually no match images (all stock),so was it a good call? who knows but ya can bet your bottem dollar it's sorted before the Premier kicks off on Sat as neither side can risk the loss of revenue!.

Last edited:
Awesome! Funny, actually. This weekend at the Wednesday match, I was looking at the toggers and wondering how you get started in this. One of them looked about 15. ALl of them had massive lenses, though :(

I just got an email from a chain of regional and local papers who commisioned me for tommorow night.. told me to carry on as normal but they will only be using head shoulders shots... nothing with sponsors on them..... its turning into a farce.. I still get paid so not too worried but geeze...

I aint sending anything to nationals until its cleared up.. not because I am choosing sides as neither side has been in touch to say whats happening.. I just feel it best to stay out of it :(

I didn't send live!, though I had accepted accreditation to the game, after hearing certain nationals though not involved in the dispute where not going to publish any received images from the agencies!! in solidarity I abstained:(, though, we as an agency, "have done nothing wrong other than signing the agreement".:shrug: would I/them have then been "blacklisted"??. I viewed the papers Sunday morning & there was vertually no match images (all stock),so was it a good call? who knows but ya can bet your bottem dollar it's sorted before the Premier kicks off on Sat as neither side can risk the loss of revenue!.

Did you do the Leeds v Cas game on Sunday Graham ?

Did you do the Leeds v Cas game on Sunday Graham ?

Hi Tug, yes I covered the semi at Donny!, I got the Cas end though (2 of us working for the YP) & with 10 mins to go had it sewn up (y), then it went tits up & I was at the wrong end:thumbsdown::D, but thats the way it goes:shrug:. Kind regards Graham.

Hi Tug, yes I covered the semi at Donny!, I got the Cas end though (2 of us working for the YP) & with 10 mins to go had it sewn up (y), then it went tits up & I was at the wrong end:thumbsdown::D, but thats the way it goes:shrug:. Kind regards Graham.
I was at the right end on Saturday but the wrong side of the pitch if you know what i mean

Graham, Are you the guy with the big hair Nikon guy ?

I was at the right end on Saturday but the wrong side of the pitch if you know what i mean

Gary, I asked Dave where you were...Thought you were going to do both...Then I saw Sig there.....

I thought it was a done thing too Graham...Never mind ...Maybe next year

I expected to see you G:shrug: but just saw Dave?. Nothing in the YP but a few in the YEP so not a total loss!

Yep that was me Tug (y), he's called Steve & is a staffer for the YP!, who where you then? as I scanned most people in the room!

I was sat with Steve and also Paul from the Pont and Cas. I passed you at half time in the Leeds Supporters corner (Canon User 400mm)

Leeds end in first half then Cas end in second half.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't say hello!,did you get bumped about by that stupid inflatable "bouncer", he was a bloody pain in the arse!! + 2nd half me & Vaughn had to ask for the mascots to be moved as the numptys just sat right in front of us!!. luckily they moved a few mins before Rangi Chase went over for the try!.

Last edited:
Vaughn also asked the stewards to move them from in front of me too...Emotions were wild at both ends....Bloody noisy when they were banging the advertising boards though...I think poor old Range will be doing some porridge tomorrow.

Graham, Are you the guy with the big hair Nikon guy ?

Gary, I asked Dave where you were...Thought you were going to do both...Then I saw Sig there.....

I thought it was a done thing too Graham...Never mind ...Maybe next year

Ha, ha, Steve Riding, top fella.

I had accreditation on my own for both games, i filled both RL papers with my stuff from the Wigan semi but when Dave said Sig was going to the Cas game there wasn't much point as i'd have only been fighting for stuff in the Nationals and i already knew it was sewn up by others.

Back