Wordpress Hosts (2023)

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
It's been a while since I build a WP site.....but an environmental group I'm involved with want a site and I said something like "how hard can that be" so I probably volunteered.

Is WP still the best thing for 3 - 4 people to maintain a community site? Upcoming events, reports of latest events, pictures etc. Yes, Facebook would work for that, no we're not going to use FB for "reasons".

Who is good for hosting these days? It will be a small site with few visitors so we won't need much power but low cost would be nice as I bet I end up paying for it.

Where is good for getting skins now? Again, low cost - we don't need e-commerce. Pretty would be nice.

We're not a registered charity so sadly most of the free hosts are out.

I too have recently set up a new site. I used wordpress because it is what I have used in the past and didn't want to waste time looking into other options and learning something new.

I used Namecheap for the domains and used their EasyWP hosting which had everything up and running in a few minutes.

Similar situation as you, the group I built the site for is not mine, though I am a member. But it wouldn't get done otherwise so I sucked it up but didn't want it to cost the earth.

All in I think it has cost me in the region of £35, that included hosting, two domains and a shttp certificate. Email will be another addition if we decide it is needed but the cost is minimal.

There are quite a few on here (me included) use Stablepoint. Service and backup is 1st class.

Stablepoint

For wordpress themes check out Theme Forest

Plenty to choose from. There are also a multitude of free themes from other providers, although there is often no support for these.

Wordpress itself includes a yearly free theme which may do what you want it to do.

Wix or Weebly may be worth looking at.

Yes WordPress is presently the most used and most frequently update CMS. So its good to host your website on wordpress as you get regular security updates and lots of help on internet with many readymade themes you can use for wide range on industry. Other than wordpress recently ghost is picking up.
Regarding hosting , I will suggest try for managed wordpress hosting I have been using webhostuk.co.uk and Webhostinguk.com for my few of my domains and some of my customers. excellent customer support with good servers.
you can get good themes at themeforest.net.
Will suggest to go for small shared hosting plan to keep cost intact but at any cost avoid free hosting.

I‘ve used 34SP.com for Wordpress hosting and domain names in the past. They were easy to deal with, helpful when needed and competitive on pricing.

Back