Work in progress, 35mm DSLR scanning/copying.

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Taking inspiration from the classic Slide copier I designed a 35mm DSLR scanner thingy. It is still a work in progress though, currently using an old film holder from a cheap scanner.

It's designed for my particular macro lens but no reason it couldn't be adapted for other lenses.

Next step is to design a holder for the film and I will use the old scanner holder as a base.

So far proof of concept confirmed.

All 3D printed

IMG_20240421_214852_HDR~2.jpg

That looks interesting, Mark. I had an AICO slide copier for a while, and the slide end of the device was very definitely designed for slides. I did try pushing a film strip through, but it was all over the place. It looks like you have something a bit more sophisticated there.

What is your light source?

That looks interesting, Mark. I had an AICO slide copier for a while, and the slide end of the device was very definitely designed for slides. I did try pushing a film strip through, but it was all over the place. It looks like you have something a bit more sophisticated there.

What is your light source?
I have tried a small LED and a speedlight.
I also need to add some defusion.

I did try pushing a film strip through, but it was all over the place. It looks like you have something a bit more sophisticated there.
One of these is good for strips of negatives...

Negative strip carirer Ixus 70 IMG_4455.JPG

The same thing open...

Negative strip carirer Ixus 70 IMG_4454.JPG

There was a time when camera shop bargain bins were full of them for 50p or £1 but there are few camera shops and fewer bargain bins these days. You could try Mr Cad...

or perhaps Beverly Camera Centre...

Last edited:
Thank you @AndrewFlannigan for that suggestion. That would work well but I have designed my own but its still remains to be seen if it scratches a negative.

Version 2

This one uses a step up ring rather than fitting over the lens like the previous version. I also need to extend the tube section so I can get a bit more of the film sprockets.

I may also look at designing so it more universal and publish to printables.

IMG_20240423_131034_01.jpg

IMG_20240423_131200.jpg

IMG_20240423_131126.jpg

IMG_20240423_131406_HDR.jpg

Back