World Photo Day?

jewel said:
Anyone participating in World Photo Day? It's tomorrow, June 1rst. If you are you have to be registered before the day ends out. I'm registered so hope some of you take part. Oh and I'll be sure to mention this site somewhere in my post :D
Cheers, jules. Here's the link.

http://www.worldphotoday.com/

Yup, I'll be entering something although I still haven't a clue what to photograph.

Well I was hoping to enter something with nice sunny weather to help with lighting etc., but from the weather forecast, that doesn't seem too likely now :(

Well after all the hype, I didn't manage to get a decent shot. Only managed to get out for half an hour and it was raining. Here is my photoshopped to death photo that I am going to submit. Anyone else have better luck?

WorldPhotoDay2005.jpg

I had a bad day at work, starting at 6am and only getting home late this evening. Jobs and things to do sapped all my free time so no chance for any photography unfortunately.

Out of the two I prefer the first Dave. :D

No joy here either :(

I think the 2nd pic shows a part of everyday life (walking the dog no matter the weather), whereas the first doesn't IMO.

Steve said:
I had a bad day at work, starting at 6am and only getting home late this evening. Jobs and things to do sapped all my free time so no chance for any photography unfortunately.

Out of the two I prefer the first Dave. :D

Thanks Steve, I've submitted the 2nd! I think the first too photoshopped.
I didn't read your comment until after I submitted it.

smCRW_6584.jpg

On a rainy day walking back to my car I spot a lone girl cleaning up in the ice cream stand on the beach. Its raining heavily, theres no-one at the beach and yet shes there and the stall is open. I asked for a photo for World Photo Day as I felt it summed up the idea perfectly. People in the real world. It was a totally random meeting, but perfect timing.

This was also the first girl I remembered to give my card too.

nice piccies guys, didnt get a chance either, my work website went tits up and had to work on that instead

like that pete, and dave, the second is good.

Managed to get one lucky one during a very busy day - driving along Newcastle Quayside past the Sage I noticed the window cleaners coming out...

CRW_6684.jpg

An everyday activity with a difference!

Back