World War II convention/event

Edit My Images
Yes
Took an amble into town yesterday where there was a superb WWII event on. Dancing, people dressed up interacting and a great vibe meeting folk with passion about the subject. Interested to note some of them did not look at the camera and I was told this is how it was back then, especially in wartime, with thoughts and concern elsewhere.

Gone for a retro look in my PP. Sat processing these yesterday when I remembered my friends recently deceased Dad who collected cigarette cards hence the look and tone. The usual caveats of street portrait/candids apply ergo light and backgrounds.

Comments are as welcome as ever. Thanks for looking.

16-3.jpg

15-3.jpg

14-3.jpg

1-10.jpg

2-9.jpg

25-1.jpg

3-10.jpg

6-10.jpg

8-8.jpg

9-7.jpg

The mornings events finished with a 29 ton Sherman tank being lifted onto a train by one of Bristols historic dockside steam cranes.

22-2.jpg

21-2.jpg

20-2.jpg

23-3.jpg

I have a box of WW2 era photos - mostly of people I have no idea who they are. They are all mono and nearly all formal poses. You stood correctly to have your picture taken.

Interesting to see colour and some casual poses with WW2 subjects. processing is a matter of taste so I don't see it as wrong - just not my taste.

Ace!
Looks like it was all very fun and interesting - wish I'd come along :D

I'm guessing this was all in // around the industrial museum... I didn't think those cranes were functional! :eek:

I think some of the processing looks spot on. Obviously the first one, #2 and the one with the woman wearing the red scarf. Cool shots, IMHO

The processing is spot on for the theme of everything! These are some very high standard peices :)

Hoodi said:
Ace!
Looks like it was all very fun and interesting - wish I'd come along :D

I'm guessing this was all in // around the industrial museum... I didn't think those cranes were functional! :eek:

Yep, exactly there Hoodi. Amazing thing was that I was shooting a pic of an old fella dressed as a dockside worker when he said 'you do realise they are lifting a Sherman tank on the old steam cranes just down there!'

I have not moved so fast in a long while!

RobertP said:
I have a box of WW2 era photos - mostly of people I have no idea who they are. They are all mono and nearly all formal poses. You stood correctly to have your picture taken.

Interesting to see colour and some casual poses with WW2 subjects. processing is a matter of taste so I don't see it as wrong - just not my taste.

Fair comment though I am far from a military historian :)

Catdaddy said:
I think some of the processing looks spot on. Obviously the first one, #2 and the one with the woman wearing the red scarf. Cool shots, IMHO

Thanks dude. :)

a good selection i think, interesting processing

Back