Worms head, Rhosili *image added*

Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken a few months ago on a mission to Rhosili, I have posted a mono version of this already, but only just gotten round to having the trannies developed. Have cropped to a panoramic as the DR of the frame was just too far out of what is possible with slide film, even with 5 stops of ND grad on to hold the sky back. Unlike digital, with slide, once the extreme ends of the exposure go, they are gone forever. No shadow recovery or pseudo HDR technique is gonna save you here. Wysiwig.

I didn't note down the exposure info, all I know is; that it is Velvia 50, 90mm lens, 5 stops of ND grad;

Scotland-v2-chromes005.jpg

Last edited:
still, the crop makes for a great save!! I love it there, maybe we should have a large format meet there in the near future?

keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing more of the trannies

Doesn't look like such a heavy grad was used. Think I'd crop a bit off the right to lose the dark btm right corner and maybe a bit off the top to keep the same aspect. Nice to see some water splashing instead of pooled milk ;)

still, the crop makes for a great save!! I love it there, maybe we should have a large format meet there in the near future?

keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing more of the trannies

Sounds like a good idea to me! August september might be good, as the sun will be setting behind the head.

Doesn't look like such a heavy grad was used. Think I'd crop a bit off the right to lose the dark btm right corner and maybe a bit off the top to keep the same aspect. Nice to see some water splashing instead of pooled milk ;)

Most of the grad was in the top part of the frame, if I'd pulled it down too far I would have lost all the detail in the rocks probably. Beleive it or not, positioning grads on LF cameras is incredibly hard to get right, very difficult to see the effect on the GG unless the camera is stopped down, and then it's just difficult to see full stop!

I see what you mean about cropping a bit more, I may try it!

Scotland-v2-chromes016.jpg

Think I prefer this version, although you'll probably hate it for its milky water Robert.

Much nicer composition that one. The 'subject' on the right hand third looks better and there is a nice diagonal from the bottom left. And you are quite right about the water ;)

It is a much happier composition, you're right. Unfortunately the water is a product of f22 and 50 asa film. This is one of the problems with film, you can't just jack the ISO up lol.

Back