weekly Wornish's 52 2023 Week 52 added: Favourite 2023 Image

I'd go for the present shot. The other is ok but as it was taken weeks ago doesn't really meet the challenge for me.

Unfortunately, the carol service was held on 8th Dec they wouldn't move the date to this week.
At least the second one was taken today.

I guess I can't please all the people all the time :)

Seasons greetings

@-Oy- Lol, I too was wondering where @wornish had gotten their time machine from and was wondering if we need to get @Cobra to add "The Doctor" to their title ;)
Most of us old hands had guessed we would probably get festive this week, so that was a decent bit of pre-emptive shooting given you had something in mind.
I like the shot, I like the mix of cold and warm colours, but I would ask if the lean on the church / tower was a wise creative choice. I would have applied some straightening.

@-Oy- Lol, I too was wondering where @wornish had gotten their time machine from and was wondering if we need to get @Cobra to add "The Doctor" to their title ;)
Most of us old hands had guessed we would probably get festive this week, so that was a decent bit of pre-emptive shooting given you had something in mind.
I like the shot, I like the mix of cold and warm colours, but I would ask if the lean on the church tower was a wise creative choice. I would have applied some straightening.
That's exactly why I took the shot at the time, it was a calculated guess that something "Christmassy" would come up. If I have broken the rules then I am sure my alternative is still valid. As far as the leaning church tower I missed that, my mistake.

I also have a feeling what the final weeks' theme is going to be, but I won't take any pictures before it is announced.

Rules. Where we;re going we don't need no rules ! :)
As far as I'm concerned, the photo was taken for the theme as you knew what you wanted (and couldn't convince them to put the event back a few weeks ;) ) so it was a calculated guess.
I was going to make the same assumption and get an early shot in (but couldn't get my a**e into gear ;) )

Last edited:
I'd go for the present shot. The other is ok but as it was taken weeks ago doesn't really meet the challenge for me.

Relax - I've highlighted the important bit ^^^ ;)

Well done for finishing! Can you tell us a little more about the shot?

It's the Horses Head and Flame Nebula. with some faint high clouds visible.

Taken 7/3/23 using my OM-1, 300 mm F/4, ISO 2000, 41 x 10sec Lights + 11 x 10 sec Darks.
Stacked, Post-processed and cropped.

The brightest star just to the right of the Flame is called Alnitak and it is left of the three bright stars that make up Orions Belt you can see these with the naked eye.,

Last edited:
WOWZA!

Just a correction
It's the Horses Head and Flame Nebula not what I originally called it.

Amazing shot. Well done on that and on getting to the end of the year.

Back