Worst ever picture of the Reds

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Sat outside the house not five minutes ago and one wave went over, rushed in got camera and the second wave appeared followed by a single Red. Aprox distance about half a mile away so heavy crop needed :LOL: I think they are on their way to Guernsey.

IMG_3005_filtered.jpg

definately not the worst ever ive seen, far from it!! Sometimes these shots mean more to the person shooting than 200hundred taken at an airshow. We happen to live on a flightpath for RAF Aldergrove and the Reds usually buzz the house when over for a show, managing to capture them over the house means a lot even though its not a 'class' Reds shot!

Yup - that's "Enid" the first wave would have been "Gypo" and the single Red would have been R10 in the spare Hawk presumably. They would have been heading to Jersey - due there mid afternoon I think you will find. And no, it's certainly not the worst Reds shot ever - I have those on at least one memory card! :D:LOL:

Thanks guy`s, I think if you asked people what in their opinion do the Red Arrows stand for, I reckon you will get a lot of answers virtualy all the same,so now for a question to those in the know:D Why is it that when moving from place to place do they fly low level? Is it to show off as such to the public? I mean we are all proud of them and they obviously take pride in themselves at what they do. Maybe there is a more logical reason behind it :shrug:

Thanks guy`s, I think if you asked people what in their opinion do the Red Arrows stand for, I reckon you will get a lot of answers virtualy all the same,so now for a question to those in the know:D Why is it that when moving from place to place do they fly low level? Is it to show off as such to the public? I mean we are all proud of them and they obviously take pride in themselves at what they do. Maybe there is a more logical reason behind it :shrug:

As a kite flyer, I know that I'm not allowed to fly a kite (or tethered balloon for that matter) above 200 feet (60m).

The light aircraft guys are not allowed below 500 feet.

The 200-500 slot is reserved for the millitary. I guess that they can zip around the country at that level with out having to worry about anything other than other millitary folk (and cranes, towers, pylons...)

Andrew

As a kite flyer, I know that I'm not allowed to fly a kite (or tethered balloon for that matter) above 200 feet (60m).

The light aircraft guys are not allowed below 500 feet.

The 200-500 slot is reserved for the millitary. I guess that they can zip around the country at that level with out having to worry about anything other than other millitary folk (and cranes, towers, pylons...)

Andrew

Cheers gaffer,we set up a model rocket group a few years ago and our chairman was sponsored by Estes and represented GB in competitions. However so long as you observed all the usual safety stuff there was in fact no height restriction, some of of our three stage rockets were awesome, we had a couple of people in the club that started on the high power stuff :naughty: I remember a couple of the people in the club
Steve Bennett http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/1669701.stm
And Ben Jarvis http://www.mars.org.uk/projects.html
Who both whent on to do some excellent work and set a few british records :clap:
Me? I kept my feet on the ground :D

Back