Worth taking my wide lens?

Name
Joshua Shaw
Edit My Images
Yes
Me and my Dad share lenses between us as we have the same body - D80 and I need to get some work done tomorrow in terms of graphic design (need general photos of graffiti, urban enviroments & decay) & photography (shoot stuff in abandoned, derelict buildings) so both subjects can be done in the same area to get my teachers off my back for a few weeks while I decide whether I am dropping out of college yet. But would it be worth while taking my Dad's Sigma 10-20mm to shoot this other kind of stuff? I will be taking my Nikon kit lens 18-70mm & Sigma 105mm. Any help much appreciated.

I`d definitely take it. It opens up so many opportunities. Even if you don`t bother with it, it`s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!

A word of advice. Take whatever lenses you want, but don't drop out of college.

It may not seem important now and you may not have the money right now, but trust me you'll have a long time to regret it if you do.

Dest of luck.

Chris

Going off-topic, I have to say that dropping out of college may not be the best thing to do.

Oh, and yes, a WA lens can be really useful on such a shoot.

Edit: beaten to it

Lol, I am still reviewing my options but I have been looking up my options as I definitely want to get into the film business but when you come out of uni, I'd start in the same place where I would now if I got a job in a film company a low level runner doing things that anyone over the age of 16 can who has just come out of secondary school and people in the business are more prejudice towards you if you've gone through the educational system rather than gaining the experience first hand. I have a few emails to recieve replies to from a few directors and such, so I'll wait til I get them back before I make a final decision.

Not another course I'd be resorting to mate, it'd be a job, probably not a enjoyable one at that, but to achieve my childhood dream I don't mind a few years of doing long hours and doing anything to keep superiors happy.

doing anything to keep superiors happy.

I think you would do well to learn not to make such a sweeping statement.

Back