Would I be daft to get rid of my 6x7 hilite for seemless?

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys I have a very small studio roughly 9 feet width by 18 feet length and I've been using a lastolite hilite for high key images. When I switch backdrops though it's a total pain having it at the side of the studio as it takes up a lot of room and I am seriously thinking about replacing it for a white seemless paper.

I know it takes a lot of space to light paper correctly which I don't really have but it's mainly toddlers and babies I'm shooting so I'm not doing loads of high key anyway.

Folding up the highlite after each use is not going to work either as I try to change quickly between set ups.

What would you do?

keep the halite at the opposite end of the room that you use
rig something on the ceiling even when its assembled its only going to cut 9 inch off the ceiling height

Your studio is 18ft long. Move the paper backdrop in front of the HiLite?

You'll struggle to get a decent area of white paper background with only 9ft studio width, but if you're only using a small area in the middle maybe you could create something workable and clean up in post?

keep the halite at the opposite end of the room that you use
rig something on the ceiling even when its assembled its only going to cut 9 inch off the ceiling height
Can’t do that I’m afraid as I’ve a seating area and main door on opposite wall.

Your studio is 18ft long. Move the paper backdrop in front of the HiLite?

You'll struggle to get a decent area of white paper background with only 9ft studio width, but if you're only using a small area in the middle maybe you could create something workable and clean up in post?
The only reason I haven’t so far is I papered the back wall with a nice brick effect and use it quite often. Then I had the hilite and a black paper roll above which I use like a blackboard.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I’ll find a way to make it work.

Back