Would you choose Pigment or Dye ink

Hi Paul,

just replied to your PM.

I have been sent a pack of free samples of Canson papers, but yet to try them out along with several other samples including Brilliant Museum - Fotospeed & Hahnemuhle, so lots of trials ahead ......................... more ink is on order!! Haven't tried the Harman Crystaljet papers .......... perhaps later.

I've also got a box of Ilford Gallerie Smooth Pearl to have a go at, which may be good Jim.

All the best

Malcolm

Last edited:
Alex
The important thing is to use the correct profile when printing with the different papers. It's not enoughjust to select a paper type - that is one very small part.

So hope you have profiles for all the different papers (normally generic ones are available from the manufacturer of the paper).

I cannot fault the The Harman Crystaljet papers profiles for my Pro 9500 MkII. Like most paper manufacturers they provide specific printer/paper profiles.

Looks like I'm going to have to try the Ilford Gallerie Smooth Pearl... :)

Thanks Jim,

I am already aware of the different profiles and have already obtained a few. Wouldn't dream of printing anything other than Epson papers without a printer profile.

Malcolm

I thought I'd try a different paper recently. Permajet Oyster Ultra Pearl. Quite different to the normal subtle lustre/pearl type papers with the texture much more pronounced than other papers. Not sure I like it yet. Depends on the image you are printing.

HI Jim,

someone else mentioned Permajet papers to me the other day, so may have a look see later on

Malcolm

I thought I'd try a different paper recently. Permajet Oyster Ultra Pearl. Quite different to the normal subtle lustre/pearl type papers with the texture much more pronounced than other papers. Not sure I like it yet. Depends on the image you are printing.

I have tried lots of different papers in the last couple of years.. this one is definitely my favourite and I now rarely use anything else. It works really well for landscape IMHO.

HI Jim,

someone else mentioned Permajet papers to me the other day, so may have a look see later on

Malcolm

Permajet and PFotospeed and Hahnemuhle papers are all very good - Excellent in most cases. Free custom profiles are also given if you print the chart and send it to them.

I have tried lots of different papers in the last couple of years.. this one is definitely my favourite and I now rarely use anything else. It works really well for landscape IMHO.

It's very different :) I do like it though

Back