Would you give up your Canon, Minolta, Nikon, Sony for these?

JPS

Edit My Images
Yes
Spent the afternoon today at the Sandtoft Trolleybus museum not far from me here at Scunny. They have loads of old trolleybuses and period signs, shops etc etc. One shop is decked out as a camera shop.

Anyone owned any of these before?

camera1.jpg

camera2.jpg

er... Yes!

all of them :eek:

/edit. Not owned all of them - about half. But I've used/worked with the others as well.

got a kodak brownie (like at the bottom) and i think the camera thats labeled 52/6

and no i wouldnt swap for my new camera, mainly for the fact the silenium cells are all bugged in all of them!

I'm the geezer with the polaroid (?) in the first pic ... :D

AND ... I used to have a folding flash gun just like the one in the second pic ... :eek: ... not sure about any of the cameras though ... :shrug:

:p

Yep, I owned the hairstyle :)

hahah yes - I had one of the Polaroid Land cameras labelled £3 11/6...
Rubbish - every time I tried to put in a flashbulb it pre-ignited, burning my fingers - seeing my disgust and disappointment, my Grandfather gave me his Pentax Spotmatic to 'borrow'.
I never looked back - my Mum sold that Pentax without telling me and I've never forgiven her for it. She's had a few mind-boggling senior moments like that... Like the complete set of hallmarked silverware from the Graf Spee's officer's wardroom complete with Nazi eagles (oh yes...) 'liberated' by my granddad that she donated to Cancer Research...:eek:
Plus all my granddad's other war booty...
I managed to send all the weapons to Canada before she could hand them in to a police station for destruction...

Had a beaut in my grubby little claws last night. Hoping the owner will part with it sometime..:nuts:

Looks like a standard 35mm old metal body SLR but has a folding viewfinder at the top for use at waist level.

Extremely complicated controls and an old style Carl zeiss 50mm f/2,8 lens.

Looked like it was of German origin but definitely European:shrug:

Must be rather rare as I have never seen one like it down here.

Anybody know something that fits this description?

My first camera was the Kodak Rettinette 1B. Lasted a long time till my dad passed me down his Minalta X300 and zoom lens.

:razz: I've still got a spotmatic somewhere in the loft...great camera in is day, I 'm so old i actually used it.....!!!

Yup still got a land camera in it's ever-ready case !, don't know why I keep it !

Alan

the polaroid on the left of the first pic and the kodak, top right in the second. I think I might still have one or two of the flash cubes lying about

the polaroid on the left of the first pic and the kodak, top right in the second. I think I might still have one or two of the flash cubes lying about

The kodak is indeed identical to the little instamatic my Aunt and Uncle bought me for somewhere about my 8th birthday, which started me taking pics! My original one is long gone sadly - I did however find a mint condition one on a jumble sale stall last summer for £3 though which I couldn't resist! One of these days I'll aquire some old 126 film from somewhere and run a film through it!

Back