Wounded F4

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
Decided to take my F4 for a "day out" only to find he's been "wounded whilst not in action" :( perhaps fighting against the other Nikon bodies for attention :D

Anyway he's bleeding :eek:.....well one of the LCD screens is bleeding :(

For the moment its evident in the frame number / exp comp screen top left in viewfinder. I dont need to see this info within the viewer but nonetheless its a little sad to see these problems arise especially when there is little or nothing can be done about them......or is there??????

Time to patch him up and go walkabout to show hé can still shoot good photos regardless of his age related aillent.:p

Last edited:
That LCD in the F4 is in the body itself which is more of a pain than the larger one across the bottom which is in the finder.

I had the finder one in my F4 start to bleed last year & looked online for a fix & couldn't find anything. All I could find was someone talking about having a go at repairing the LCD in a Minolta 9000 but it was just words & nothing that really helped.

No point in going to Nikon for a spare. I had a great time with LCD's last year & had the one in my F5 finder break too. Not a bleed, just part of it stopped displaying.

Nikon didn't have a spare for F5 so I didn't even ask for the F4. Wound up ordering a replacement finders for both off of ebay. Neither was easy to find in working condition & I had to wait for a while until they got listed. Had to get both from overseas. The F5 one came from Germany & the F4 one came from Japan.

Only option probably is to look for a parts F4 body that has the LCD OK & swap them over. I have a .pdf of the Nikon repair manual for the F4 if you want to have a look through it to see what needs doing to swap the LCD over. If you want a copy please PM me an email address. It's 25MB in size & I will put it on one of those free file transfer sites for you to grab.

Thanks for the PDF David.

If I ever get to pick up a dirt cheap F4 for parts the instructions will come in handy.(y)

Back