Wow nifty fifty

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi. Did anyone else see the Canon 1.8 nifty fifty last night on eBay?
Went for £162!! it was mint but what a price.

eBay really is a strange trading place I put my near mint Nikon 801s on with a 35-70 mint 2.8 zoom for buy it now £195 and never got a sniff. Couple of weeks later put the lens alone on no reserve and it went for £225 and I still have the 801:shrug:

happens all the time

when i sold some stuff a while back when i broke old car for bits i couldnt sell a couple of bits together for 100, sold them seperately on ebay for £180

happens all the time

when i sold some stuff a while back when i broke old car for bits i couldn't sell a couple of bits together for 100, sold them separately on ebay for £180
Yep i done this also. I bought an unfinished kit car and sold it in bits. Paid £700 and sold the lot for £2k.

There's a Nifty Fifty in the for sale section today for £45 mint!!! and i ordered mine last night AAAAHHH!!! boo hoo, oh well. :LOL:

Are you sure that it was a 1.8?

What I've noticed on ebay sometimes is people describing the thing incorrectly, possibly through lack of knowledge.

Although it may have been a 1.8 in the advert, are you sure that the photos didn't show a 1.4?

Hi Dan. I did'nt think of that but just had another look, it's still on my computer and it is a Mk1 of course with original hood but it's a 1.8
The photos of it are good.
I think mines going on this weekend, I love it to bits but £100 odd is quite a way to my next L.

Yeah, the MkI's always go for much more.

the mark 1 is rare and has full metal body. im pretty sure the optics are very similar, but the lens is a lot better build quality wise

I'd never pay that much for a mk1 £100+ premium for a metal mount and body with the same optics inside no thanks! Much better off putting that money towards the F1.4!

Ebay is a very strange place when I got my origional 70-210F4 it was cheaper to buy it with an EOS300 and kit lens than on it's own! I've kept the film body for fun and got £30 on here for the kit lens making it even more of a bargain. Did the same thing with some speakers I got four with a rubish sky box for the price two normally fetched, flogged the sky box and the spare pair of speakers seperately and made a profit!

I got given two wireless mic's from my company as they new i had something to do with "music" (apparently photographing it might require 2 radio mics. Haha) so stuck them on ebay and they went for £250, which i put towards my misses engagement ring so i could surprise her sooner then i had planned :)

Hi. Did anyone else see the Canon 1.8 nifty fifty last night on eBay?
Went for £162!! it was mint but what a price.

eBay really is a strange trading place I put my near mint Nikon 801s on with a 35-70 mint 2.8 zoom for buy it now £195 and never got a sniff. Couple of weeks later put the lens alone on no reserve and it went for £225 and I still have the 801:shrug:

That is a crazy price.

Choccy...

I sold an Original 1D about a year ago for £1325 to an American who also agreed to £95 shipping, it did only have 1300 actuations and was still under warranty from Aperture who agreed to transfer the warranty if the American paid postage costs both ways which he did.

I still never understood why he bought it as you could pick them up in America at the time for about $1200 USD, approx £600 at the time.

Ok I think I have it now. The message is sell on Ebay and buy on this site:clap:

Ok I think I have it now. The message is sell on Ebay and buy on this site:clap:

Not always, I sold a 70-200 f4 and only got £250.:bang:

Back