dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
just arrived today and I'm impressed :D 100% crop, no sharpening

ML1W3457100.jpg

Love mine - very sharp and very fast focusing, full-time manual focus and well built to boot.

All in all this is probably my favourite lens just for its sheer quality and overall performance.

(y)

You got a new lens then:)

Cant see anything at moment apart from RedX.

I see it now.

I'm quite shocked at the "fringing" around the highights near the clothes peg :(

Sometimes I do wonder about digital photography...... some of the things we put up with now [costing a King's ransom] we would never have tolerated such aberrations 15 years ago....

That's not just colour cast from the red jumper is it?

No, I shouldn't think so.... it's bleeding into the green background. It's highlight fringing. Not really near the red jumper.

Yeah, its also visible on the white stripes but not as bad as on the spring of the peg.

Bad copy or "they all do that, sir"?

Well it looks pretty good to me :)

Wish I had decent colour vision though - can't see anything you all describe.(apart from the purple fringe on the peg spring)

Looking at the fringing I'd wonder if the front element has actually been cleaned properly - I've had this before when I've used a little too much cleaning solution on the cloth when cleaning my lenses.

Reading up apparently fringing can be an issue wide open. Looking at a few of todays there absolutely no sign of it after F2 :)

rG-Tom had the same CA on his 85mm 1.8 and many other owners have as well. It's nothing major to worry about.

Back