wrecks of the dee marshes

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
One or two nice little weekend projects there Jeff!

40 years ago yes not these days , we did spot a 30 ft yacht in good condition for £850 though

How did they all end up like that?
Owners getting older or passing on , cost of repairs etc I guess …. There all in the vicinity of a run down boatyard and mooring on the marsh inlets is a case of burying your anchors in the mud . There’s no charges involved as far as I know

Owners getting older or passing on , cost of repairs etc I guess …. There all in the vicinity of a run down boatyard and mooring on the marsh inlets is a case of burying your anchors in the mud . There’s no charges involved as far as I know
They look like they've been stranded by tide that never came back, or washed onto land by a flood.
Very atmospheric and I dare say some would prefer them to stay where they are as a locally enjoyed feature of the landscape.

They look like they've been stranded by tide that never came back, or washed onto land by a flood.
Very atmospheric and I dare say some would prefer them to stay where they are as a locally enjoyed feature of the landscape.
nope this is a massive estuary (river dee n/Wales-wirral ) with a very high tidal range up to 10+ mtrs on spring tides the whole marsh is submerged frequently

The first one looks very much like a Vivacity, and probably salvageable, as could be the tri, but with them being so cheap in OK condition, not worth the cost to renovate.
Surprised to hear no mooring fees, that's a killer in the UK now.

Back