Wren Overload...

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
The problem with my nesting Wren is she's in shadow most of the day which makes it tricky to keep the shutter speed up, but in the late afternoon you get the full sun on the wall she uses on the approach to the nest which makes a huge difference. These are wiith my bum nearly in the kitchen sink to get to min focusing distance with the 500mm. :D

3804282409_51e021da0c_o.jpg

3804282807_9b02943f83_o.jpg

3805100452_cbf21e4e0a_o.jpg

50D, 500mm f4L 800 ISO

I'll spare you the Wren shots now - we'll be out an about for the next couple of weeks.;)

Nice, very nice.
I have a wren that nests in the mill building every year. Never have pointed the camera at her!
Superb wee birds though.

Super shots. I had a wren in the back garden today too, she was making lots of noise with the cat sat on the grass.

Nice, very nice.
I have a wren that nests in the mill building every year. Never have pointed the camera at her!
Superb wee birds though.

I do have a fondness for 'em Charlie - you might have noticed! :p

It's hard to believe they're our most common British bird, but we're assured they are. They're not daft when it comes to choosing nest sites are they? She's returned to this nest about three years running now. It's well out of the weather under the canopy and only about a foot from an outside light which is on all night so she gets light, and no doubt some warmth from that.

I do have a fondness for 'em Charlie - you might have noticed! :p

It's hard to believe they're our most common British bird, but we're assured they are. They're not daft when it comes to choosing nest sites are they? She's returned to this nest about three years running now. It's well out of the weather under the canopy and only about a foot from an outside light which is on all night so she gets light, and no doubt some warmth from that.

Aye, they are plucky wee things too. I enjoy their song very much too.

The Jenny Wren is my favourite bird, why its called "Jenny" I dont know, maybe its a local thing. I used to have one visit my garden but hes been missing all this year :(
These are stunning pictures CT, I really like them all. Well done mate. (y)
Trev

Nicely done Cedric... (y) ... lovely close-ups of a little charmer... :D

Bit late for them to still be nesting though... :shrug: ... can't she kick the teens out yet... :cautious:

:p

Back