Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
Had a great day at WSR's steam Gala

10134217176_617aa6b1a8_c.jpg

10134140535_e5fe1790e7_c.jpg

10134268913_805dbcf62e_c.jpg

2nd is very nice, composition is pleasing and some nice detail in the smoke. But please, please please move that watermark out of the centre of the image!!!

Harry.

Have to agree with Hazza, the second one is definitely the pick for me too.
Have to wonder what they would look like in colour though, with all that great western polished brass. Too much uninteresting foreground in the third for my liking.

I really like the first two but feel the sharpening is a bit too much for the vegetation - it is a bit distracting. You could sharpen on a separate layer and then use a mask to reduce it a little on the grass and trees. It would make the train pop even more.

I agree that watermark is very badly placed, maybe move it or ar least reduce the opacity :shrug:

No2 stands out for me- nice shot ( watermark aside)

Les (y)

2nd is very nice, composition is pleasing and some nice detail in the smoke. But please, please please move that watermark out of the centre of the image!!!

Harry.
Thanks for the comment, watermark stays

Have to agree with Hazza, the second one is definitely the pick for me too.
Have to wonder what they would look like in colour though, with all that great western polished brass. Too much uninteresting foreground in the third for my liking.
When I shoot steam I always think mono and prefer steam in mono. Thanks

Number 1 gets my vote. But move the watermark!
Thanks
I really like the first two but feel the sharpening is a bit too much for the vegetation - it is a bit distracting. You could sharpen on a separate layer and then use a mask to reduce it a little on the grass and trees. It would make the train pop even more.
Thanks
Nice pictures but totally ruined by the intrusive watermark - agree about the sharpening
Thanks

I agree that watermark is very badly placed, maybe move it or ar least reduce the opacity :shrug:

No2 stands out for me- nice shot ( watermark aside)

Les (y)
Thank you

Nice triptych. A little oversharp for the conversion (looks too clinical) IMO. Can understand why you've watermarked them (and I had to look carefully to see the w/mark).

Back