Wurzel anyone?

Name
Andy Jones
Edit My Images
Yes
I got a call at 3pm asking if I could go shoot a Christmas dinner at a local golf club, special guests the Wurzels. Good chance to try out the 135L in low light and it performed flawlessly. I had the 50mm 1.4 on the 30D as well and that was hunting for focus almost constantly which really showed how much the AF improved in the 40D. Anyway, here's a few shots...

web_3430.jpg
web_3440.jpg

web_3436.jpg
web_3427.jpg

Yeah wide open, ISO1000 1/200s or thereabouts. On Monday I'll get to try it again hopefully in better light and slightly more attractive subject - Joss Stone :)

Yep really nice shots, crisp and vivid, impressed by the low noise. Emmm 40D might invest? Trouble is what do I do with my 10D and 20D cant give them away now:(....Ian

The drummer's still going strong though I think they're all showing their age a bit now. I only stayed for the first two songs and made a hasty exit - really not my thing but they still pull the crowds in. Same routine, same jokes and Tommy always strips to his pants!

It's strange watching them do a show in a small venue. They still have roadies, a huge great mixing desk, long wheelbase 4x4s + trailers. The drummer has a mic on each drum. It all seems over the top - apart from their lighting which is 4 x 500w halogen work lights (the kind you get from Wickes) :LOL:

Back