www.purelygadgets.co.uk

Barney12

I like Sailors
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a brief "buyer beware" message.

Ordered a Sigma lens from them over 2 weeks ago which was confirmed by them as "in stock". Chased after a week and have received an automated load of faf by return to any enquiry.

Eventually canceled the order on Monday after failing to get through to anyone.

Paid through Google Checkout (Which means they took the money at the point of order!) and thus canceled the transaction through Google. Surprise, surprise NO response all week so have now had to file a dispute!
Happy days!

My advice, steer WELL clear of www.purelygadgets.co.uk

Of course this is my 2p's worth and only my opinion etc etc.

Barney

In march 2008 I ordered a tamron 1750 which was shown as in stock.

After one week it was still showing as "being processed".....

It did eventually arrive...if you google them I think you will find that it's common practice to take the money even on out of stock items.....and it takes ages if you then wish to cancel and get the money back...

I won't use them again out of principle, though the lens was a good price and although I eventually did get it within two weeks I was getting concerned....

Last edited:
I used them to get my v.grip for my A700 and it took around 2weeks but pretty sure its grey market stock... Paid using mastercard to be on the safe side but it did take alot of a calls to get my item. There excuse for the delay was the item was stocked at their london warehouse and they had to ship it to where ever they are based then post to me which seems daft but got my item in the end.

When I have enquired about stock items with them and asked directly if they were grey imports and about uk warrenty they said that they were nikon items that they sourced direct and that they did have the standard warrenty but it would have to be returned to them and not nikon as they dealt with warrenty issues and nikon wouldn't deal direct with the public. So from that response I have never purchased from them

I've previously dealt with them with no problem whatsoever. Admittedly, it was three years ago - a Canon S80. Maybe things have changed in that time. Maybe you're just unlucky.

Ops damn iPhone, started submit and phone rang then double posted

Last edited:
I ordered from them through PlayTrade on play.com
Play were supposed to keep the money until PG say it's been dispatched.
They lied and got the cash from Play and then fobbed me off for over a month.
I got the impression they order their stock grey import where it's cheap when they get the money cos most reviewsi've seen since say they've waited between 2 and 4 weeks for stuff.

I only go to reputable dealers now.

If it goes wrong watch out, I had a Sigma 24-70 needing repair I bought from them and it was over 3mths before I saw it again after numerous phone calls and threatening legal action I finally got it back. I will never use them again.

i would stay clear of these

had problems with

tradecamerasonline.com
camerabox.co.uk
purelygadgets.co.uk

purelygadgets are renowned for being dodgy - stories all over the web about them being an absolute nightmare to deal with.
A reputable dealer will undoubtedly be more expensive, but as the saying goes....you get what you pay for! And with purelygadgets, you might end up never getting what you pay for!

I've used PurelyGadgets a couple of times in the past, all without problem. I have never had anything that needed resolving so I haven't tested their complaints handling. Last order was for a Nikon SB-600 flash, ordered 4pm and came the next day. Last Christmas I bought a Harmony remote from them, there price was not the cheapest so gave them a call and they gave me a better price so I was well chuffed.

Thats confirms my worries were probably founded - the cheaper price on my lens (20%) was not worth the risk. I'll go elsewhere...

Blonkster

There are plenty of other cheaper suppliers with much better reputations... I've heard many bad things about these operators - I wouldn't touch with a bargepole :)

Back