wyedean rally

Edit My Images
Yes
i think that's what it's called anyway. i got dragged out of bed unhappy and hungover yesterday morning with the promise of fast loud cars on snow. then i found i'd left my camera 100 miles away :( luckily for me a mate has a couple of bodies so i came along anyway.

i started the day with a 20d and 24-70 f2.8 L getting some more 'static' shots
IMG_4312editsm.jpg

then went for some panning
IMG_4297editsm.jpg

next i swapped for a 1dmk2 and a 17-35L
JL6Q5983sm.jpg

and gained a 580ex on a cord
JL6Q6002editsm.jpg

JL6Q6003editsm.jpg

back to the 20d and a 70-200 f2.8
IMG_4403sm.jpg

IMG_4410editsm.jpg

and lastly a 350d and 18-55
IMG_1956editsm.jpg

i think there was a crash asfter 5-6 big cars went so we didn't get many pics of them.

thanks for looking, i've hardly done any of this stuff before and using canon was a little weird for me being nikon man! (esp the 2 handed button pushing needed for the 1dmk2).

Number 3 is my favourite, and I rather like the flashed stuff too (I tried a spot of that at last year's event).

I had planned on going myself, but with the reports of the conditions on Friday night not being particularly good, I wimped out. :embarrassed:

Unfortunately the incident on SS3 has put rather a dampener on this year's event. :shake:

Paul
:)

Like photo number 1 ! (y)

Sad day for the sport. Not a lot more can be said. :shake:

Paul

sorry to sound ignorant guys but what happened? was it yesterday afternoon?

as much as i enjoyed it, i know nothing about the sport.

thanks for the comments too :)

Good to see Mike (I'm guessing) is looking after the sensors on his new kit :D

Nice stuff mate - the two with the 580ex's are my faves :)

lol, yeah i know, give that boy £10,000 worth of kit and you know he'll destroy it! to be fair it's meant to take the abuse his job gives it and it is going in for a clean in a week tho.

thanks mate :)

wow, i had no idea it was that serious. that does put a dampener on it.

yep, tragedy :(

Nice shots though

Back