X2T-N help

Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
I have been playing with my new godox x2t-n and would thoroughly recommend..
But have come across some strange behaviour. Faultless as a wireless trigger with the tt685n, I decided to make use of the passthrough hot shoe and attached my other flash, a neewer 750.
This doesn't seem to work as expected.. so firstly can someone confirm that the hot shoe is a passthrough and as I understand should fire any modern flash?
I have tested the neewer on the camera hot shoe, faultless. I have attached neewer fc16 to x2t hotshoe, faultless, triggers flash every time. But mount flash onto x2t hotshoe and it just has a mind of its own, it will fire, but very sporadic with no real consistency..
Anybody had similar experience??
Thanks all..

Most likely cause IMO is that flash foot isn't making contact with the TTL pins quite correctly. There has to be some play in that connection so you can get the pieces together/apart... sometimes it's a little too loose and things don't line up quite correctly... try twisting the flash more to one side or the other. You could also try putting the X2T into single pin manual flash mode to see if it will trigger the flash w/o TTL communication.

Ok thanks for the response people.. 685 faultless on shoe, I also thought connection issues but 750 faultless on camera and transmitter (fc16) triggers faultless....so I assume the hot shoe is straight through though??! I am sure that I tried M mode .. I have the week end to carry out further testing, just confusing as everything is faultless independently!!!

The only thing that is saying is that the trigger's hotshoe is relay and dependent on the trigger rather than a hardwired pass-through.

I once had a trigger (not Godox) where three of my speedlights would seat correctly every time, but my fourth speedlight was very inconsistent... it could well be that the 4th had a lot more use/wear on it, or maybe just a slight manufacturing difference; IDK.

Ok had time to play today, good news is Godox tt685n seems to work perfectly, but when I mount the Neewer 750ii it still gets weird and sporadic.. no TTL at all, and just intermittant in M. I have linked a 30 second clip as an example. Would like to know if I have a faulty trigger as I would still be able to return, or just compatibility issues..?
Thanks again.
View: https://flic.kr/p/2jdFUYo

Back