X300s not working?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Ive recently got a Minolta X300s and am trying to get it to work, batteries are fully charged, it has a lens on but nothing happens when the on switch is switch, does anyone know if there is anything i have to do to make it work (put film in etc)?

Many thanks,
Angus

Are you sure the batteries are working? There should be a battery check button on the top of the camera, or half depress the shutter to check that the needle is still moving.
Silly question but, make sure that the batteries are the right way around aswell, and if memory serves me well, there is some kind of lock that stops you from being able to wind on the wind on lever.
You should be able to wind on the shutter without there being film loaded.
Good Luck, I hope this helps a little

I'm almost certain it requires 2 LR44 or A76 equivalent (1.5 volts). If these are OK, I'd try winding on the lever all the way just in case, because if it isn't this will stop the shutter firing. You will certainly be able to operate it without any film.

EDIT: Just noticed you mention X300s. The batteries I mentioned are for the original X300, so I don't know if the 'S' version is the same.

well if the X-300 is the same as the X-700, there is a on/off switch under and around the shutter speed dial.

erm well it's not and I can't delete the post.

Back