XPan & Pen FT

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Some recent shots, from a mix of a Hasselblad XPan & an Olympus Pen FT. Going from a panoramic camera to a half frame camera was quite the jump.

Leeds, Hasselblad XPan by Tom Horton Photo, on Flickr

Pen FT by Tom Horton Photo, on Flickr

More on my fb page or Flickr, this is just a few from each :)
http://www.facebook.com/photosbytomhort

Like them! The 1/2 frame format certainly makes you think about composition!

Purely for interest (and some filmies are probably aware of the fact already!), the 1/2 frame 35mm format is possibly more correctly known as full frame since it was 35mm cine film that was the original format and as cine film, the frame size was 24mm x 18mm. It's just over 100 years since Mr Barnak finished the first prototype. Interesting article in AP about the UR Leica by Ivor Matanle (whole issue dedicated to the Leica centenary.)

Tom, the half frame ones seem rather jumbled on my screen (jammed together in pairs). The last-but-one works best for me (ornamented door, nicely placed). I think it's very hard to compose well for a pano; sometimes cropping for one when you see it in your shot is easier. I'm afraid the 2nd and 3rd don't work at all for me, but I do like the first. Interesting!

Tom, the half frame ones seem rather jumbled on my screen (jammed together in pairs). The last-but-one works best for me (ornamented door, nicely placed). I think it's very hard to compose well for a pano; sometimes cropping for one when you see it in your shot is easier. I'm afraid the 2nd and 3rd don't work at all for me, but I do like the first. Interesting!
That's how they come out when developed! Tom hasn't separated them yet, just posted them as is!

I didn't know that! Thanks, W...

Back