26.jpg

44.jpg

46.jpg

More at:
http://www.adimages.co.uk/images/events/2010/HullShoot/index.html

Join us on Facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ADImages/264603869519

C&C Welcome :D

i don't know too much about car photography tbh but these are really nice cars, for a start you came from york to hull to do this shoot? :p

if the title was the aim of the shoot then i'd say the "posing" of the cars needs to be a bit better thought out

as it stands the backgrounds get in the way a bit for me and there is a bit of mess in the foreground (banana skin) the horizons on a couple need straightening up as well (tidal bridge)

use of the surrounding lighting is quite good on most of these tbh but in 3 i'd have got the bonnet of the car nearer the right to cover the spot of light from the pole

hope that's been constructive :)
as it stands as an ad hoc shoot it's a decent effort, you should definately plan a serious shoot soon, get a circular polariser and do some light painting/exposure blending :)

next time shoot in better light - the cars have too much shadow on them

also image 3 you can see the front tyre tread which is a rookie mistake

Nice set Ash!

I think the photo of Elvis' from the rear would maybe benefit from a little more light. It could be clean as well, but I'll get on to him about that :p

Thanks Tom :) Agreed on the cleanliness of the Mustang and I assume you mean more light from the other rear corner?

i don't know too much about car photography tbh but these are really nice cars, for a start you came from york to hull to do this shoot? :p

if the title was the aim of the shoot then i'd say the "posing" of the cars needs to be a bit better thought out

as it stands the backgrounds get in the way a bit for me and there is a bit of mess in the foreground (banana skin) the horizons on a couple need straightening up as well (tidal bridge)

use of the surrounding lighting is quite good on most of these tbh but in 3 i'd have got the bonnet of the car nearer the right to cover the spot of light from the pole

hope that's been constructive :)
as it stands as an ad hoc shoot it's a decent effort, you should definately plan a serious shoot soon, get a circular polariser and do some light painting/exposure blending :)

Thanks for the comments Alex :) I did indeed come over from York for the shoot (hence the Mustang not being clean) and the title doesn't really set the theme of the shoot, I just thought it sounded better than "Mustang and Skyline Shoot" haha

I wasn't sure about straightening the first one, as the lamp post looks to be fairly level with the side of the frame? I think the light you're referring to are the car headlights rather than a street light, would've been better with just the sidelights on perhaps!

This one was an ad-hoc shoot to meet the owner of the Skyline, but I'll bear your comments in mind and arrange another shoot when my flash triggers arrive :)

next time shoot in better light - the cars have too much shadow on them

also image 3 you can see the front tyre tread which is a rookie mistake

As above, I'll bear your comments in mind for the next shoot

As for the tyre, it may be a rookie mistake, but everyone has to learn somewhere eh?

Nice shots, but I hate those mustangs...only 'real' ones were made before 1972 and after 2005.

Back