Yas Viceroy Hotel, Abu Dhabi

A very different looking hotel.................:)

Very futuristic - This is the hotel where the F1 grand prix track is built around

I think the second one is better with the more intense blue in the sky but both could do with removing some of the roadway leading to the building.

I wonder if you cropped the picture so the bottom of the picture is where the roadway tiles change and lose the small building with the red window on the left the result may be a stronger image.:thinking:

Thank You Huffy I agree with you I took this picture back in November last year where I was using a sigma 12-24 lens and obviously like I mentioned I am new to all this and possibly I zoomed the lens a bit which I realise I should not have or else I would have got a more wider picture but also from where I took this picture from was a bit down the road If I would have gone more further down I would have been very close to the Tunnel. Thank You for your response mate ! since taking this picture I have read a lot about photography and hopefully I will learn all the time. The first Picture I was not meant to post because I have registered with Flickr to post pictures because I was struggling to post on here, However I got some help from other members which I really appreciate I guess I was not confident but feel much better now.

Love the Mosque shot, would have been better with the Towers in frame but still nice.. Looks an amazing place.

Thank You ! It's a lovely place Abu Dhabi very different to the buzz of Dubai considering it's only just over an hours drive to Dubai ! I frequently visit Dubai and hopefully fingers cross My Photography skills will improve along the way. Dubai has lot of good picture opportunity's with it's skyscrapers to lovely beach pictures. Thank You Nick I must have zoomed my lens which I realise I should not have, Hopefully I will learn from this experience of this picture.

Did you use a UV filter? if not may help with this type of photo.I keep on on most of the time not only to cut out the ultra violet light but as a lens protector.

Realspeed

Last edited:
Thank you Paul I noticed the lampposts i'm very new to all this and just seeking a new challenge which I decided only as a hobby because I love travelling everywhere, Hopefully the more I take pictures I will learn from views of other people who I'm sure are much better than me at photography. By the way Paul your spelling of lampposts is incorrect !

Thank You Bazza for your opinion, I never used UV filter Iv'e done a lot of reading last few months and picked up quite a few things about Photography. I'm very new to this and I'm willing to learn and get better. I'm going to be buying a ND filter by B+W & also buy some UV filters. Thank you for your advice and passing your experience on to me which I will take as a positive.

Thank you Paul I noticed the lampposts i'm very new to all this and just seeking a new challenge which I decided only as a hobby because I love travelling everywhere, Hopefully the more I take pictures I will learn from views of other people who I'm sure are much better than me at photography. By the way Paul your spelling of lampposts is incorrect !

Yunus, thank you for correcting my spelling! But on reading your reply to my critique, Including the obvious grammattical errors l think that's a little like 'The kettle calling the pot black!'

Thank you Arron for your feedback, I will learn from this experience but mind you Arron it was bloody roasting temperatures very close to 50 degrees ! Also I was not very patient just wanted to have a cool down lol

Back