Yashica A and a Walk on the Canal

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Great stuff..Gotta love film (y)

Edit: My brother has a couple of yashica mat's and I'm itching for a go on one..

Last edited:
Wonderful camera, I gave mine to a young talented photographer and he loves it. nice set

The tonality and depth of field on the swan shot are just superb. Yoou can't beat a TLR with a decent lens! I hate to disappoint you but I don't think you need an upgrade on this one. ;)

Thanks guys, I really do like using it as well, just seems to suit my style.

Jim, I think you're right, just running a roll of colour through it at the moment so if the results are as good I will stick with for a bit.

Andy

May I ask how you scanned the negs?

It was Ilford HP5.

Andy

ISO?

I have some HP5 400 and Delta 3200 in the drawer... and have used PANF and XP2 before, loved the XP2.

It was the 400.

Andy

interesting. it's grainier than I thought for 400, but at least I now know what to expect!

No gain on #1, lovely shot.

Gain on the rest is properly due to under exposure and not the film type itself.

#3 as been in PP, maybe over sharpened and is pixelated not grain from the film.

#4 is soft and all the better for it, it shows a warm soft wonderful feeling, which is not my cup of tea, but never the less great.

Richard.

3&4 have a timeless appeal to them, and the HP5 grain adds to the images.

IS there a vertical band running through the images (due to scanning?)
Ive shown it on image below, after adjusting contrast a touch.

7272910704_3814c2dcaa_b.jpg

Thanks for all the comments guys, very helpful. I think that Richard is right 3 is a bit oversharpened.

And Les, there is a band on most of the shots from this roll but I can't see it on the neg so I'm assuming it was from the scanning.

I've now got a Yashica Mat which is a step up from the A, hopefully will have something to post from it later in the week.

Cheers

Andy

Back