yashica mat 124g

Name
Max
Edit My Images
No
First time posting my work

This is one of my hand prints that after further development led to my final piece in my fine art diploma.

I will try and get my final prints up when I get a chance to scan them.

1zejhg3.jpg

Interesting. Was it done using a spining light or something?

sorry - but without a little more as to what you were trying to achieve with this, it's a waste of time trying to give any meaningful critique.

sorry - but without a little more as to what you were trying to achieve with this, it's a waste of time trying to give any meaningful critique.

I am not looking for a critique. I just thought I would share something and see what everyones views was about it.

Max

It's maybe a bit too abstract for me i'm afraid, it doesnt have enough detail in it

I am not looking for a critique. I just thought I would share something and see what everyones views was about it.

Max

Ah right... I got the wrong end of the stick, seeing as you'd posted it in the Critique and Feedback section. Sadly, anything posted in here is "fair game"... perhaps in future you'd be better posting your non-critiqueable (is that a real word ??) shots in the mahoosive "show us your film shots" thread instead.

Ah right... I got the wrong end of the stick, seeing as you'd posted it in the Critique and Feedback section. Sadly, anything posted in here is "fair game"... perhaps in future you'd be better posting your non-critiqueable (is that a real word ??) shots in the mahoosive "show us your film shots" thread instead.

I dont want to kick up a fuss so if you want to delete this thread then go ahead. I just thought a little feedback would be okay as I was not really looking for a critique. I will stick to posting in the mahoosive "show us your film shots" thread in the future then.

Max

No need to delete anything Max, but as I said, anything posted in here normally is expected to be available for critique... as you've expressed a preference for this not to be available in this way, then I'm sure people will respect your wishes.

It's a shame that you've chosen not to join in with what is, in my opinion, the real raison d'etre for TP - to get feedback on your photography, hear peoples opinions on it, and maybe even learn a little something in the process...

No need to delete anything Max, but as I said, anything posted in here normally is expected to be available for critique... as you've expressed a preference for this not to be available in this way, then I'm sure people will respect your wishes.

It's a shame that you've chosen not to join in with what is, in my opinion, the real raison d'etre for TP - to get feedback on your photography, hear peoples opinions on it, and maybe even learn a little something in the process...

But I am looking for feedback opinions, that is why I posted it. In my view there is a fine line between that and a critique or maybe I am wrong

TBH I'm struggling here Max - maybe if YOU define the fine line "that must not be crossed" to prevent offending your delicate artistic tendencies ?? :)

TBH I'm struggling here Max - maybe if YOU define the fine line "that must not be crossed" to prevent offending your delicate artistic tendencies ?? :)

Sorry I was not aware this forum was ran by robots, and sorry I did not spell out specifically that I am looking for feedback and opinions of what people think of my work, I am not looking on a critique in cases of improving it. Just feedback on how it stands alone visually.

I think that Mark has been quite reasonable here - certainly not being a jobsworth - I think that he's probably just trying to get people to raise the current dire standard of critique from the "nice shot" pseudo-flickr stuff that seems to prevail at times. You've posted in a critique forum, with no details of what a rather abstract piece of work was intended to show, and then not only refuse to give some information when politely asked, but also spit your dummy out and tell "the management" to delete the thread. Then, after they again state that it's not needed to go to those lengths, you go on to say you're prepared to hear peoples opinions, but frankly you're not interested in suggestions to improve it.

It sounds to me that you've posted in here for an ego massage...

okay - here goes.

I don't understand the title. If it's a picture of a yashica mat 124g, then it's failed dismally, as you can't see the camera, it's blurred and you've a case of terminal camera shake. If it was taken on a yashica mat 124g, then whatever you did to the camera has rendered the camera irrelevant.

As an abstract, it's interesting enough - looks more like a blurred horses head in a spirograph pattern to me than a photograph, but there you go...

not for me.

frankly, I think that this would be far happier in the "Creative" section of the forum, where people tend to be a little more tolerant of photographs that look nothing like a photograph.

Look, to be be totally honest I am just trying to get my post count up so I am able to view the sale threads and thought the easiest way to would be to strike a conversation or in this case an argument. This would probably explain why I have posted in the wrong section as to being impatient and not reading thoroughly enough, and also explain why I am not fussed about a critique. No ego message was trying to get across.

Yes it does look rude the way I have gone about this and did not mean for it to get to this stage, so all I have to say is sorry for my actions.

I guess after this I wont really be taken seriously anymore so this might be the end of my small life on this forum.

Max

Look, to be be totally honest I am just trying to get my post count up so I am able to view the sale threads and thought the easiest way to would be to strike a conversation or in this case an argument.

I wouldnt bother, there arent many good deals in there...

Saying this is a surefire way of getting classifieds access revoked tbh :bonk:

The sad thing is, if you'd have actually just posted something for critique, and joined in, it'd have been exactly the kind of activity that the greenies like from members. Sadly, you really have shot yourself in the foot now, as I'm pretty sure that someone will have reported this... I doubt that even a large box of :jaffa: will appease them now :(

Thanks for letting me know Rob aha and yes you are probably quite right but I was prepared for that after posting my last message.

Mick I did have every intention to join in but my ignorance got the better of me. Haha yes if the world was that simple! Im not really sure of what else to say, maybe goodbye would be a good one. Take care,

Max

Look, to be be totally honest I am just trying to get my post count up so I am able to view the sale threads and thought the easiest way to would be to strike a conversation or in this case an argument. This would probably explain why I have posted in the wrong section as to being impatient and not reading thoroughly enough, and also explain why I am not fussed about a critique. No ego message was trying to get across.

Yes it does look rude the way I have gone about this and did not mean for it to get to this stage, so all I have to say is sorry for my actions.

I guess after this I wont really be taken seriously anymore so this might be the end of my small life on this forum.

Max

You are aware, I assume, that access to the classifieds needed 25 posts AND 60 days, so even if you'd have posted nice and steadily - say 1 post a day for the next month and a half until the time was up, you'd have the requisite no. of posts without all this drama.

While I applaud your honesty in admitting that you'd effectively been "spamming/trolling for access", the number of RTM's this thread has received over the last day means that your classifieds access will now be looked into by the combined staff.

The fairest I can be is this - if you come back, join in with the forum in a sensible matter, and become a proper participating member of the community, then it will definitely aid your case in the staff-room.

Back