Yashy Electro 35 first film

-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Anglezark Cascade and Wigan Parish Church taken with a Yashica Electro 35 G I bought on Saturday.

Here's the camera...

Yashica.jpg

There are some colour issues - but that's just the cheap AGFA film I used for this first test roll. I'm VERY impressed with how this 45 year old camera has nailed the exposure every time. Prints are sharp too - very sharp! The 7x5 prints look a lot better than these low res scans.

RIVI260114-Yashica-10.jpg

RIVI260114-Yashica-8.jpg

RIVI260114-Yashica-9.jpg

Wigan270114-Yashica-4.jpg

Wigan270114-Yashica-6.jpg

Anglezark Cascade and Wigan Parish Church taken with a Yashica Electro 35 G I bought on Saturday.

Here's the camera...

Yashica.jpg

There are some colour issues - but that's just the cheap AGFA film I used for this first test roll. I'm VERY impressed with how this 45 year old camera has nailed the exposure every time. Prints are sharp too - very sharp! The 7x5 prints look a lot better than these low res scans.

RIVI260114-Yashica-10.jpg

RIVI260114-Yashica-8.jpg

RIVI260114-Yashica-9.jpg

Wigan270114-Yashica-4.jpg

Wigan270114-Yashica-6.jpg

Looks like a nice first set out of your Yashica Electro.

The colours look okay to my eye, what sort of colour problems did you have? The Agfa film might be cheap, but it's actually rebadged Fujifilm, so it should be pretty reliable; I've not had a problem with it previously.

With colour negative film, I find colour-related problems are usually down to the development or the scanning and not the film itself.

Looks like a nice first set out of your Yashica Electro.

The colours look okay to my eye, what sort of colour problems did you have? The Agfa film might be cheap, but it's actually rebadged Fujifilm, so it should be pretty reliable; I've not had a problem with it previously.

With colour negative film, I find colour-related problems are usually down to the development or the scanning and not the film itself.

I have to agree with this.

The camera seems to be in great shape.

Thanks - you could be right - it was basic Max Spielman 1hr processing.

Hi - A bit over the odds compared to used off eBay - but with the security of a quick refund if the test film showed any problems.

£69 from Real Camera Co. in Manchester.

Love the Electros, it's a fantastic lens, put some Portra through it really suits the Yashica.

Will try some - thanks for the heads up :)

Back