Yay! Barn Owl!

Edit My Images
Yes
4636622011_ffca00012e_o.jpg

Huzzah! Got him :)

Could have been so much better though - I have one very messy shot where 'ol Barney came out of nowhere in front of me, and either the AF wasn't quick enough or he was simply too close. Very frustrating!

Very frustrating but if you have seen them at that location your likely to see them again so, with some patience and a bit of luck you'll get some crackers

I think I've figured his flight path, so I can keep out of his way and hopefully get some decent shots. I know this one isn't great technically, but I'm happy I got something that isn't a bloomin' Chaffinch or Tit :LOL:

Much as I love Tits ( :naughty: ) , they get a little repetitive after a while.

I'd rather see a shot like that than something on a feeder, so it gets a (y)from me. Now you know where to find it you can plot up and I'm sure you'll get better pictures. Well done.

I know how you feel...got my first SEO last month and although not brilliant images it was great to have got one.

Mine never returned but if you can get there and try for some more my friend (y)

I'd rather see a shot like that than something on a feeder, so it gets a (y)from me. Now you know where to find it you can plot up and I'm sure you'll get better pictures. Well done.

Good points, well made.........:)

Very frustrating but if you have seen them at that location your likely to see them again so, with some patience and a bit of luck you'll get some crackers

Agree with above you have done one of the hardest things, Location . Good luck and hope you get what you are after (y)

Thanks people. Got talking to another tog who's been following the same bird for a few years, so I know he's sticking around. Barney's been hunting in a similar pattern for a few weeks, so looks like he has a family to feed. Female hasn't been seen for a while though.

Weather's supposed to be getting better as the day goes on so hoping to go back for more tonight :)

Here's one from last night...

4642454895_4c96f1a21d.jpg

Last edited:
That's better! I however will unfortunately stick to the blackbirds and blue tits!

I would love to just see one of these in the wild in full flight, I am jealous!

Back