YAYAYAY ! :D

Name
Alex james
Edit My Images
Yes
hello all :)

emailed my local semi pro team yate town yesturday with a slide show of my current work and asking to start shooting all there home games for practice. got an email back to day saying that they are happy for me to shoot all there home games :) :D:D:D:D

this means more practice :) also do you think i could start emailing the picture to the non league papers ?

this means more practice :) also do you think i could start emailing the picture to the non league papers ?

Hi Alex, would be wise to read through these recent threads regarding submitting to local papers, upshot is dont let them have them for free, youre doing yourself and the industry in general no good if you do, if you set yourself up as a giver of freebies you will find it difficult to get paid in the long term

Read these

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=272517

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=288060

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=287436

Hi Alex congratulations (y), As already stated in another thread here on the Forum, the non league paper works on commissions not spek shooting so it would be a waste of time to just send them in!, however why not contact them to see if they want your game covered? you'll need pitch side wireing facilities (unless you live within a few mins of the ground!) + don't forget to caption images!. Good luck!. Kind regards Graham.

oops beaten to it by GC LOL

emailed my local semi pro team yate town yesturday with a slide show of my current work and asking to start shooting all there home games for practice. got an email back to day saying that they are happy for me to shoot all there home games :) :D:D:D:D

well done :)

LOL Tony.

It must be the coffee. Got the brain active.

Well done Alex, now listen, and I mean listen real hard to what these guys have to say. It will be the best thing you do ;)

hellppp ! right they just sent me this email ?

Admission will be free, provided you see me first, on the proviso that we can use any of your photos in our programme or on website- you would be credited with them if used.
Terry Tansley

what do i say back !

Well done Alex, now listen, and I mean listen real hard to what these guys have to say. It will be the best thing you do ;)

as above, but it's your choice from here on in. Set your stall out, there is no crystal ball, no right or wrong. where do you want to be in 12 months:shrug:
If I could turn back the clock 12 months, I would not have started out free :bang:

good luck mate (y)

as above, but it's your choice from here on in. Set your stall out, there is no crystal ball, no right or wrong. where do you want to be in 12 months:shrug:
If I could turn back the clock 12 months, I would not have started out free :bang:

good luck mate (y)

ummm im only 16 :L ummm i want to be a photographer maybe in 5 years time taking pictures of bristol city i hope maybe aiming to high :/

When people are advising you re free pics they are talking about media coverage.. local papers ect..

I am guessing 99% of photogrpahers at the non league level your going to be photographing.. supply the club for free.. usualy because they are a fan of the club... The stewards will be working for free.. the guy on the gate working for free.. the guy putting the program together working for free.... the women making the stew the night before and the coffee on the day will be doing it for free....

Just about everyone at the club on the day will be working for free to get the match on..Because they love the club....

This is non league football at a really low level.. the chances of being paid for your pictures in a 50 pence program are about nil ..Zamaretto Southern League Division One South and West whats the crowds like... I bet you struggle to get 100

But if the local paper wants a pic to go wiht a report.. thats when you ahve to be strong ...

Last edited:
When people are advising you re free pics they are talking about media coverage.. local papers ect..

I am guessing 99% of photogrpahers at the non league level your going to be photographing.. supply the club for free.. usualy because they are a fan of the club... The stewards will be working for free.. the guy on the gate working for free.. the guy putting the program together working for free.... the women making the stew the night before and the coffeee on the day will be doing it for free....

Just about everyone at the club on the day will be working for free to get the match on..Because they love the club....

This is non league football at a really low level.. the chances of being paid for your pictures in a 50 pence program are about nil

But if the local paper wants a pic to go wiht a report.. thats when you ahve to be strong ...

so do you think i should take that offer for getting into free then ? :) im guess that was what you was saying above.

so do you think i should take that offer for getting into free then ? :) im guess that was what you was saying above.

Grab it with both hands as fast as you can... there are far more photographers wanting to get into sports than there are football clubs.. Think of it as the start of your apprentiship.

Dont worry about not getting paid by the club because at that level nobody gets paid...(I would not give the same advice at higher level before anyone slates me.. please look at the level his team plays) BUT if you get any interest outside the club from local newspapers then you must charge IMHO

Good luck and tell us what happens next :)

Listen to Kipax, he's telling you as it is. This club will be your portfolio but any demand from outside the club will be sellable.

Just a question on this.

If he does these pictures for the club and their website programme etc.

If the local paper or non league approach the club for the pics and they give them to the paper where would he stand on that.

Just thought he is only 16 and if they find that out they might think they can push him around so to speak.

Just got me thinking after the posts on here with the cat and the xmas cards last year.

Just a question on this.

If the local paper or non league approach the club for the pics and they give them to the paper where would he stand on that.

Just thought he is only 16 and if they find that out they might think they can push him around so to speak.

Just got me thinking after the posts on here with the cat and the xmas cards last year.

They already made an agreement wiht him that the pics would be for program and website... the copyright stays with him as he isnt being employed by the club.. so the club will not own the pictures.. His pictures.. nobody else can give them to anyone.

Just a question on this.

If he is not being paid by the club surely he has copyright, and the club should pass on any requests for pictures to the lad.

Great result and do let us know what the outcome of your first match is :clap: As everyone else said, listen to the experienced peeps on here, it will serve you well (y)

thanks so much for the feedback i will listen to them :) i really want to make it as a photographer so if i start now at 16 i think i mite have a good chance well (hopefully) yeah i have a meeting with terry on there next home game :) will post my pictures from the game up ! :D

thanks everybody ! :)

alex

Back